Which of the following fruit and nut trees should I plant?

Started by Caliga, December 08, 2009, 09:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following fruit and nut trees should I plant?

Almond
10 (18.2%)
Apple
24 (43.6%)
Apricot
2 (3.6%)
Cherry
23 (41.8%)
Fig
10 (18.2%)
Hazelnut
8 (14.5%)
Peach
24 (43.6%)
Pear
16 (29.1%)
Pecan
11 (20%)
Quince
2 (3.6%)
Walnut
10 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 55

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on January 09, 2014, 08:03:13 AM
Oh, also, for Christmas my cousin and his wife bought me a bonsai tree.  I've never had one before but often thought it would be neat to try bonsai gardening. :cool:  It's a dwarf jade (Portulacaria afra).

Don't sit under the bonsai tree with anyone else but me. :mad:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: KRonn on January 09, 2014, 10:13:41 AM
Great idea! I had to put traps out the last two summers to catch ground hogs and squirrels. Ground hogs are gone, for now anyway; man, they do serious damage on a veggie garden! And I got rid of squirrels, for the time being, which saved the daily attacks on my small cornfield for much of the summer.
Yeah, whenever I vacuum the basement with the shop vac I pretty much fill the entire 5 gallon canister up with dog hair. :ph34r:

I just got a cyclone canister vacuum thingy so I can now use that for the same purpose down there, too.

Caliga

Well as spring is upon us it's now time to take stock of the living and the dead in the Caliga Yard.

* pink lady apple: alive and budding out

* peach: alive and already leafing out, though a few lower branches seem to have died and had to be pruned off

* granny smith apple: against all odds, still alive, but possibly dead above the graft... there are branches now coming out at almost ground level and they're leafing out now.  I may still cut it down and replace it.

* magnolia: dead as a MRF.  Probably replacing it in a week or so.

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on April 12, 2014, 07:20:00 PM
Well as spring is upon us it's now time to take stock of the living and the dead in the Caliga Yard.

* pink lady apple: alive and budding out

* peach: alive and already leafing out, though a few lower branches seem to have died and had to be pruned off

* granny smith apple: against all odds, still alive, but possibly dead above the graft... there are branches now coming out at almost ground level and they're leafing out now.  I may still cut it down and replace it.

* magnolia: dead as a MRF.  Probably replacing it in a week or so.

Yet the monster Caliga still lives :ultra:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Jacob

Caliga

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on April 12, 2014, 08:35:15 PM
Princesca calls our yard a Tree Auschwitz :Embarrass:
Camp status, one year later:

Magnolia - LIQUIDATED
Peach - alive and budding out nicely
Granny Smith - amazingly, still alive but barely
Pink Lady - the scion died but the roots have sent multiple trunks up to replace it and they are budding out nicely.  I probably have a crab apple now.  Yay! :wacko:

KRonn

Caliga, hire more illegals for your plantation to take care of those fruit groves. Clearly you have a shortage of labor!   ;)

Norgy

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?