Could you Euros keep your Portugese trash home?

Started by Ed Anger, June 18, 2009, 06:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on June 19, 2009, 08:34:28 AM
Heh. There's plenty of homoeroticism in footie.

Yeah I tried to play up that angle to get some gay friends of mine to attend the Austin-Puerto Rico game with me but they still found attending a sporting event an affront to their gay identities.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on June 19, 2009, 08:27:44 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 19, 2009, 01:45:16 AM
At least he plays a real sport, not some retarded version of cricket or rugby with a full body armour on.

Wow Marty admits he likes sports?  I think the gay stereotype police are going to hunt him down.
What gay man doesn't like sweaty muscular dudes running around? :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on June 19, 2009, 08:38:32 AM

Seemingly very few.  Yet straight men like it.

It is a strange world we live in.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on June 19, 2009, 08:40:26 AM
Quote from: HVC on June 19, 2009, 08:38:32 AM

Seemingly very few.  Yet straight men like it.

It is a strange world we live in.
They need more flashy uniforms. With glitter and shit.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 19, 2009, 08:27:44 AM
Wow Marty admits he likes sports?  I think the gay stereotype police are going to hunt him down.

Well to be fair, he didn't say that he likes to play them or that he likes to watch them frequently. :contract:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on June 19, 2009, 08:41:24 AM

Or have less banal goals.  Watching people run up and down a field doesn't do it for me.

Anyway, rather than more costumes, I think playing sports like soccer or basketball with one side shirts and the other side skins would help.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on June 19, 2009, 09:39:47 AM
Quote from: HVC on June 19, 2009, 08:41:24 AM

Or have less banal goals.  Watching people run up and down a field doesn't do it for me.

Anyway, rather than more costumes, I think playing sports like soccer or basketball with one side shirts and the other side skins would help.
Trying to appeal to gays would be suicide to any sport.  Other than baseball, because everyone who likes it is a fag already.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on June 19, 2009, 09:42:39 AM
Trying to appeal to gays would be suicide to any sport.  Other than baseball, because everyone who likes it is a fag already.

And yet street players manage.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on June 19, 2009, 09:43:13 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 19, 2009, 09:42:39 AM

And yet street players manage.
Manage what?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on June 19, 2009, 09:50:23 AM
Manage what?

Manage to appeal to gays. I love walking by the courts on nice summer days.

Valmy

Meh if you describe anything like that it sounds banal.  Watching a bunch of black symbols on white paper is pretty banal but most people would not describe literature that way.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 19, 2009, 09:55:12 AM

Meh if you describe anything like that it sounds banal.  Watching a bunch of black symbols on white paper is pretty banal but most people would not describe literature that way.

You're right, I should have added that they then try to put a ball (or similar object) into a net of some sort at the end of the court.

Zanza

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 19, 2009, 09:59:44 AM
You're right, I should have added that they then try to put a ball (or similar object) into a net of some sort at the end of the court.

Yes because it is the beauty of balls going into nets that makes it compelling.  Sort of like the reason people like sex is because skin rubbing together is so very very awesome.

People also love music because sound waves moving air particles around appeals to their love of physics phenomena.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on June 19, 2009, 09:52:50 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 19, 2009, 09:50:23 AM
Manage what?

Manage to appeal to gays. I love walking by the courts on nice summer days.
Perhaps, but that's not deliberate.