News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2015

Started by derspiess, April 06, 2015, 10:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

:)  Nice.  Did you ever get to go to any games?  Always had a damn good time going to Ranger games with my dad back in the day.  I think the last time I saw them in person freaking Jose Canseco and Will Clark played for them.  Mid 90s I guess it was.

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 24, 2015, 12:10:47 AM
:)  Nice.  Did you ever get to go to any games?  Always had a damn good time going to Ranger games with my dad back in the day.  I think the last time I saw them in person freaking Jose Canseco and Will Clark played for them.  Mid 90s I guess it was.

Nope.  Only MLB game I ever saw was the Expos at the Big O.  My dad, who was a sportswriter, took me with him on a road trip to see the 'Riders vs the Riders in Ottawa, then the next day we drove to Montreal to see the Expos.  Man, I will always remember that trip. :wub: (since both of the home teams no longer exist)

My "bucket list" has long contained one entry at the top however: see a baseball game at Royals Stadium (now Kaufman Stadium).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Ha the Riders.  There was a...whatever league....team here that was called the Riders who nearly joined the CFL back in the 90s (they would have had to change their name because of "your" Riders), but IIRC they folded before they got the chance.  Their colors were like....brown and yellow.   Mike Riley was their head coach lolz.  The Oregon State/Nebraska Mike Riley. 

E:  WLAF: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Riders Quality football right there.  Check out QB #3.   :D

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 24, 2015, 12:25:13 AM
Ha the Riders.  There was a...whatever league....team here that was called the Riders who nearly joined the CFL back in the 90s (they would have had to change their name because of "your" Riders), but IIRC they folded before they got the chance.  Their colors were like....brown and yellow.   Mike Riley was their head coach lolz.  The Oregon State/Nebraska Mike Riley. 

E:  WLAF: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Riders Quality football right there.

Don't you dare speak badly of Mike Riley.  He is, to this day, the last Blue Bomber coach to win the Grey Cup. :mad: :wub:

He'll always be the "Blue Bombers" Mike Riley to me. :wub:

MadBurgerMaker

He should never have gone to Nebraska.  :mad:  I consider him a bad person now.

Admiral Yi

As a totally fair-weather fan I believe I am qualified to judge, so I want to put on the record that in my considered opinion Beeb is not a fair-weather fan of the Royals.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 24, 2015, 02:04:18 AM
As a totally fair-weather fan I believe I am qualified to judge, so I want to put on the record that in my considered opinion Beeb is not a fair-weather fan of the Royals.

You're very kind, Yi.

I just don't want to overplay my Royals fandom.  Because there was a, oh, 20 year stretch, where I'd check the MLB standings once or twice per season, shake my head, and then think no more about baseball for the rest of the year.

But goddamit - am I ever pumped for Royals - Mets.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Barrister on October 25, 2015, 01:32:22 AM
Because there was a, oh, 20 year stretch, where I'd check the MLB standings once or twice per season, shake my head, and then think no more about baseball for the rest of the year.
Including all 15 years of my being a diehard Royals fan.  Bastards.  My sports jinx continues.  I think they've decided to build a statue of me in KC for transferring team loyalties. <_<
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

dps

Ok, WS starts tonight.  Predictions?  I say Royals in 6.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quite a start for the Royals.

Barrister

Yes very nice start. :)

Royals kin 6.

MadBurgerMaker

Sweet the feed crapped out and we now have Vasgersian and Smoltz instead of the retards Joe Buck and Harold Reynolds. 

Vasgersian keeps threatening to send us back to Buck and Reynolds though.

Admiral Yi

You don't like Buck?  He definitely needs to lose that beard but IMO he's the best play by play man in the business.  Arguably one of the best all time?

MadBurgerMaker

Joe Buck sucks monkey nuts.  Harold just doesn't know where he is, so that's okay I guess.

E:  Granderson just sent one over the fence. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they took over the international feed

Is that still Smoltz with a mic/headset though?  Huh.