McDonald’s all day breakfast is coming. This is NOT a drill

Started by garbon, March 31, 2015, 04:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

McD also does "traditional" breakfast here. Typically, it's two breakfast rolls, plus either ham+cheese or your pick from honey, marmelade and nutella:

For under EUR 3.- including coffee. Popular with older people looking to go out for breakfast but not wanting to pay the prices at a proper Viennese café (can't blame them, really).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: KRonn on March 31, 2015, 09:38:10 AM
I don't care much as I haven eat there in  a very long time,  though I did like some of their breakfast foods when I used to go. This seems an interesting idea though as breakfast is good most any time of day.   :)

I haven't eaten there since I was in my teens.  There are so many other better options.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Monoriu

There was a recent scandal involving McDonald's in Taiwan.  Apparently they introduced McSandwiches for take away.  On the left side is what the sandwiches look like on the outside.  On the right hand side is what they look like on the inside :weep:

derspiess

That's hilarious.  Try that shit here and someone's gonna get hurt.  We don't mess around with our meat/cheese portions.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Monoriu

Quote from: derspiess on March 31, 2015, 10:02:32 AM
That's hilarious.  Try that shit here and someone's gonna get hurt.  We don't mess around with our meat/cheese portions.

Asian portions are no where near American ones.  But that has gone too far by any standard.  I actually think that approaches fraud territory.  On a more practical level, who is going to buy that as soon as word gets out?  Certainly McDonald's rely on sales volume and not on fooling people once?

Josquius

I'd prefer they do the regular menu all day.
I had several sad drunken scrapes back in the day of going to McDonalds on my way home only to find they'd switched to the even worse than regular stuff breakfast menu.
Those eggs are just disturbing....
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

Quote from: Monoriu on March 31, 2015, 09:59:36 AM
There was a recent scandal involving McDonald's in Taiwan.  Apparently they introduced McSandwiches for take away.  On the left side is what the sandwiches look like on the outside.  On the right hand side is what they look like on the inside :weep:

WTF is that bullshit.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Screw a bologna sammich.

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on March 31, 2015, 10:24:08 AM
I'd prefer they do the regular menu all day.
I had several sad drunken scrapes back in the day of going to McDonalds on my way home only to find they'd switched to the even worse than regular stuff breakfast menu.
Those eggs are just disturbing....

:huh:

McDonalds makes a big deal about the fact they use fresh cracked eggs for their breakfast menu.

And yes, count me in the "their breakfast menu is the best thing about McDonalds" crowd.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on March 31, 2015, 07:51:46 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 31, 2015, 07:01:25 AM
Anyways, McD is struggling in Germany, it seems.

They've actually seen sales decline across the globe.
The chain is in deep trouble.  I was actually telling Princesca the other day that if they can't figure out a way to turn things around, I could see them being bankrupt in a decade or less.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on March 31, 2015, 12:50:58 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 31, 2015, 07:51:46 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 31, 2015, 07:01:25 AM
Anyways, McD is struggling in Germany, it seems.

They've actually seen sales decline across the globe.
The chain is in deep trouble.  I was actually telling Princesca the other day that if they can't figure out a way to turn things around, I could see them being bankrupt in a decade or less.

I don't care for the food but I'm very surprised to see them having such big trouble.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on March 31, 2015, 11:54:53 AM
McDonalds makes a big deal about the fact they use fresh cracked eggs for their breakfast menu.

On one or two occassions I actually had small bits of egg shell in my McMuffin, so definitely yeah.

QuoteAnd yes, count me in the "their breakfast menu is the best thing about McDonalds" crowd.

I can't see how anyone would think otherwise.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on March 31, 2015, 12:57:38 PM

QuoteAnd yes, count me in the "their breakfast menu is the best thing about McDonalds" crowd.

I can't see how anyone would think otherwise.

Other than their fries :mmm:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Quote from: KRonn on March 31, 2015, 12:55:39 PM
I don't care for the food but I'm very surprised to see them having such big trouble.
I'm not.  They've done very little to substantially change their menu in recent years, the burgers are of subpar quality, and they face intense competition from fast casual chains like Five Guys, Smashburger, Shake Shack, The Habit, etc., not to mention renewed competition from other chains in their sector like Wendy's that have tried (and succeeded) to revamp their offerings.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points