Germanwings Flight Carrying at Least 148 Crashes in Southern France

Started by Caliga, March 24, 2015, 06:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

There was a flight out of NYC I think it was, before 9/11 when we weren't thinking of suicide attacks on air liners. It was an Egyptian flight and went into a dive and crashed into the ocean. There were reports of the pilot praying as the plane went down and being before 9/11 people weren't really thinking of a suicide to kill others, but it was speculated on. I remember Egyptian officials examining the pilot's background and such and it just never seemed to get anywhere. Does anyone remember that, and what the outcome was?

Caliga

Yes, EgyptAir Flight 990... it's been mentioned earlier in the thread.  I don't think that was ever definitively proven as EgyptAir rather vehemently denied it was the cause.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Quote from: KRonn on March 26, 2015, 01:57:53 PM
There was a flight out of NYC I think it was, before 9/11 when we weren't thinking of suicide attacks on air liners. It was an Egyptian flight and went into a dive and crashed into the ocean. There were reports of the pilot praying as the plane went down and being before 9/11 people weren't really thinking of a suicide to kill others, but it was speculated on. I remember Egyptian officials examining the pilot's background and such and it just never seemed to get anywhere. Does anyone remember that, and what the outcome was?

Zanza already posted the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EgyptAir_Flight_990

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on March 26, 2015, 02:00:21 PM
Yes, EgyptAir Flight 990... it's been mentioned earlier in the thread.  I don't think that was ever definitively proven as EgyptAir rather vehemently denied it was the cause.

The link says everything Egypt ever said about that case was 100% BS.

Siege

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 26, 2015, 11:05:25 AM
You think the co-pilot killed a plan load of people over a labour dispute?

The guy was muslim.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Liep on March 26, 2015, 01:13:47 PM
And all that killing was in the name of God which is very out of fashion in the west these days, so better keep it silent.

Was Khazaria playable in EU2?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on March 26, 2015, 01:37:12 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 26, 2015, 12:19:23 PM
Do we have any information about the copilot's ethnicity/religion?  :ph34r:

German white guy :ph34r:

Impossible! A German White Guy could never commit mass murder.  :ph34r:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Siege on March 26, 2015, 02:15:15 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 26, 2015, 11:05:25 AM
You think the co-pilot killed a plan load of people over a labour dispute?

The guy was muslim.

Because only Muslims do evil things?

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on March 26, 2015, 02:26:16 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 26, 2015, 01:37:12 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 26, 2015, 12:19:23 PM
Do we have any information about the copilot's ethnicity/religion?  :ph34r:

German white guy :ph34r:

Impossible! A German White Guy could never commit mass murder.  :ph34r:

It may not be murder.  He may have made a rational and self interested decision to end his life in defiance of the the statists would cared only about the "public good" of keeping the plane flying.  His was an act of supreme individual freedom.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

Siege

Liep

I found this funny, the number is fatal accidents per billion passenger km. On the right is "motorbikes, etc". :lol:

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Razgovory on March 26, 2015, 02:34:50 PM
It may not be murder.  He may have made a rational and self interested decision to end his life in defiance of the the statists would cared only about the "public good" of keeping the plane flying.  His was an act of supreme individual freedom.

1/10 - Unoriginal and way too obvious.