News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Actually now I have. I've decided against the Admiral's plan as it fails to take into account any of abilities/disabilities as President.  I will however still plan on activating the Admiral on my turn.

Instead, I'm going to stay put in my office.

Action 1/2, discard two cards to activate my office. More forthcoming once I have my new quorum card.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Continuing with that activation of the president's office, I will draw a 2nd quorum card as follow-up (when activating the location I draw one quorum card and then have a choice between playing a quorum card or drawing one more).

I'll take my second action after receiving that card.

Barrister

I hate to second-guess the President, but it seems like our primary objectives are to:

1. kill the Cylon boarding party
2. repair the ship
3. get the fuck out of here

I'm not sure how taking some political actions will help with any of the three.  While I know things like going to the armoury, or trying to get a repair card, aren't making the best use of her abilities, it's what needs to be done right now...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

I could see your complaint if quorum cards had strictly political uses, but they don't.

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on July 21, 2009, 11:17:23 AM
I'm not sure why exactly you activated me, if I'm supposed to activate you on my turn? Why even bother with the wasted executive orders?  You've set me up to waste 4 cards in this round with the minor chance that I might manage to shoot the centurion party (I have to spend one to come to Galacatica and two to activate the armory, and then one to activate you on my turn).  All seems rather foolish...

If I activate you, you can do 2 things. Then you activate me, and I can do two things. That is 4 things, correct? I think 4>2, hence we can double up the number of things that get done.

I know I should have just waited to hear from you, since now we just wasted my entire turn NOT dealing with the things that are going to make us lose the game so you can get some more votes or whatever it is the "quotum" does. Can they vote off the boarding party?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on July 21, 2009, 12:25:19 PM
I hate to second-guess the President, but it seems like our primary objectives are to:

1. kill the Cylon boarding party
2. repair the ship
3. get the fuck out of here

I'm not sure how taking some political actions will help with any of the three.  While I know things like going to the armoury, or trying to get a repair card, aren't making the best use of her abilities, it's what needs to be done right now...

No kidding. Getting things done that need to get done seems rather more important than "using your special ability" no matter what. But hey, maybe we will be surprised, and get some super cool quorum card that kills Cylons.

0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on July 21, 2009, 12:44:15 PM
But hey, maybe we will be surprised, and get some super cool quorum card that kills Cylons.

You mean like the one I got before? :o

And you're wrong, with an XO you can either move and then take 1 action or take 2 actions.  If I was to come to Galactica, I'd basically be doing the exact same things that I could do on my own turn (namely move and take one action).  Unless you are planning to remain in sickbay, same story.

Berkut

I am not in sickbay. And the point is that you need to move to Galactica anyway, since that is where the current serious problems are that need fixing by *someone*.

So you could move here AND do something useful, then activate me twice, which would let me draw two engineering cards (which we desperately need) or draw a card and play a card, or whatever.

But no worries, lets just all keep on playing our own game, I am sure it will work out great in the end.

0 rows returned

garbon

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on July 21, 2009, 12:54:12 PM
But no worries, lets just all keep on playing our own game, I am sure it will work out great in the end.

Well it'll probably end up better. I think it is preferable to drop two cards on two quorum cards and still have a free action left (to either play one of those cards or activate my special ability to search through 4 more quorum cards for something useful) than to end up spending three on the off chance that I make the die roll.  While the latter course of action might have been preferable on my own turn, it would really be a waste of the XO that you used (the benefit being that I get two actions).

A better plan would have been to XO Tigh (who is currently in the Amory) to attack the centurions twice...or if he is actually in sickbay (which I don't think he is - weapons control was damaged not the armory), then to get him out of there. But, you had to be brash and activate me, even though my turn was to immediately follow.

Barrister

According to Tamas I am in the sickbay.  I am now healthy after fiing the armory, but I'd need to walk there first.

Martinus

Well, if you need someone to fix the bloody ship, keeping the only non-Cylon who can draw Engineering cards in the Brig doesn't help.  :mad:

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on July 21, 2009, 01:10:01 PM
According to Tamas I am in the sickbay.  I am now healthy after fiing the armory, but I'd need to walk there first.

When did that happen? On my last turn, I XO'd you to get you out of sick bay and you drew a repair card. On your turn you went to the armory and repaired it. When did you get put back in sickbay?

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on July 21, 2009, 01:27:44 PM
Well, if you need someone to fix the bloody ship, keeping the only non-Cylon who can draw Engineering cards in the Brig doesn't help.  :mad:

But there is no non-Cylon in the game that can pull engineering cards...