And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on July 20, 2009, 04:57:23 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 20, 2009, 04:56:10 PM
But there's no more boarding party, right?

Since it wasn't destroyed it remains at space 2 of 5. Boarding parties don't go away when you jump.

:(

They must be destroyed.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

JacobL

As the only pilot left with skill in the fleet there would be far more damaging actions I could take if a cylon then launching to defend civvies and trying to scout.  We have multiple people that could try and handle the boarding party and 1 person that can skillfully fly a viper.  I was also hoping to guarantee some progress on the jump track since we needed to get away from these heavy raiders and get nearer to our goal.

JacobL

Quote from: garbon on July 20, 2009, 04:56:48 PM
Quote from: JacobL on July 20, 2009, 04:27:13 PM
Jump or destroy the boarding party.  Nothing else really helps at this point from your end. :Embarrass:

(how many times has Apollo needed to discard cards now because he hoards them in his hand?).
Once :rolleyes:

grumbler

Alll OOC:

BB, you repaired the arms locker, and so couldn't attack the boarder.

And, yes, there are a maximum of 2 basestars.  The counter mix is the limit of units that can be in play.

Berkut, you (as Admiral) get to choose between destinations, not crises.  Roslin gets to choose between crises.

Oh, and this is by no means the worst crisis you could face.  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

JacobL

Quote from: grumbler on July 20, 2009, 05:32:03 PM

Oh, and this is by no means the worst crisis you could face.  :P
My personal situation cannot get much worse :P

grumbler

Quote from: JacobL on July 20, 2009, 05:36:38 PM
My personal situation cannot get much worse :P
Oh, don't be so sure about that:menace:

I just wish I could fly a raider again... just once...
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

JacobL

What could you possibly do to make it worse other then end my suffering? :lol:  Shoot me down and allow me to rest a little in sickbay? :D

Berkut

OK, choices:

1. Jump out of here. Take the potential population loss and just leave.
2. Stick around - we have a good number of cards, should be able to handle the coming crisis.

If we select 2, I would consider using an XO card to activate garbon so he can get over to Galactica and do something useful. Otherwise, I am not really sure how to spend my turn.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on July 21, 2009, 08:03:37 AM
OK, choices:

1. Jump out of here. Take the potential population loss and just leave.
2. Stick around - we have a good number of cards, should be able to handle the coming crisis.

If we select 2, I would consider using an XO card to activate garbon so he can get over to Galactica and do something useful. Otherwise, I am not really sure how to spend my turn.

You still need to advance the counter by one before you can emergency jump

Berkut

Oh, I thought we were already in that early jump step. OK, so much for that idea then.

I am going to go ahead and use a XO card to activate the President and ask her to come to Galactica and try to shoot a boarding party. Hopefully, she also has an XO card, and can then turn around and activate me, so we can double up our activations. Tamas, use my lowest value card please.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on July 20, 2009, 04:20:04 PM
I am not convinced Apollo is a toaster.

So who is, then? Even if you believe I'm one (which I am not), this leaves you, Adama, Roslin or Apollo as a toaster, since Starbuck was only a sympathizer (and it is highly unlikely she was a toaster before that but didn't do anything to sabotage the ship).

Tamas

garbon should confirm that once activated, he will do what Berkut asked him to do.

JacobL

Quote from: Berkut on July 21, 2009, 08:22:14 AM
Oh, I thought we were already in that early jump step. OK, so much for that idea then.

That is why I was scouting and hoping to get a crisis card that advanced the jump track.

garbon

I'm not sure why exactly you activated me, if I'm supposed to activate you on my turn? Why even bother with the wasted executive orders?  You've set me up to waste 4 cards in this round with the minor chance that I might manage to shoot the centurion party (I have to spend one to come to Galacatica and two to activate the armory, and then one to activate you on my turn).  All seems rather foolish...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on July 21, 2009, 11:17:23 AM
I'm not sure why exactly you activated me, if I'm supposed to activate you on my turn? Why even bother with the wasted executive orders?  You've set me up to waste 4 cards in this round with the minor chance that I might manage to shoot the centurion party (I have to spend one to come to Galacatica and two to activate the armory, and then one to activate you on my turn).  All seems rather foolish...

Well, you have been activated, this is a fact. Do as you wish with your activation.