News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2009, 11:36:14 AM
And really, now that I think of it, we should have dropped the food. Then we wouldn't risk getting a revealed cylon with the sympathizer card... (unfortunately I only just learned that rule  :blush:)
Agreed.  That card is educated stupid.

In fact, it makes the game look near-impossible for the humans, given that you could very easily have a revealed Cylon and two unrevealed ones, and only three humans.  Even human players want a resource down to half by the time the fleet gets halfway to Caprica, because the difference between 5 and six pop is much, much less than the difference between a revealed Cylon and a brigged human.

Now, if the card turned a Cylon into a human IAOI it got dealt to a Cylon and more than half of all resources were left, the choice would be interesting.  As it is, the only interesting part of the choice is which resource to take to half before the sleeper agent phase.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2009, 11:44:09 AM
Oh, just noticed that food only starts at 8. :blush:
One of the problems with not being able to see the board.

Still, your point is valid.  We should have made sure to lose 1/2 of one resource before nwo.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on July 07, 2009, 11:47:04 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2009, 11:36:14 AM
And really, now that I think of it, we should have dropped the food. Then we wouldn't risk getting a revealed cylon with the sympathizer card... (unfortunately I only just learned that rule  :blush:)
Agreed.  That card is educated stupid.

In fact, it makes the game look near-impossible for the humans, given that you could very easily have a revealed Cylon and two unrevealed ones, and only three humans.  Even human players want a resource down to half by the time the fleet gets halfway to Caprica, because the difference between 5 and six pop is much, much less than the difference between a revealed Cylon and a brigged human.

Now, if the card turned a Cylon into a human IAOI it got dealt to a Cylon and more than half of all resources were left, the choice would be interesting.  As it is, the only interesting part of the choice is which resource to take to half before the sleeper agent phase.

I think it is more like a difficulty balancer, that choice. If there was a resource half-down (or more), and then you would get this guaranteed extra cylon player, now that would make things very hard.

Tamas

The fleet, after jumping, came upon a Cylon Refinery. The Admiral, however, decided to not raid it.

People, you will be receiving your new loyalty info in either a PM or an e-mail, after which the Sympathizer will be revealed.

Tamas

Dam-da-dam:

in medias res: either she is a cylon or just has severe identity problems (just watched the second season again, the Chief's dreams and third/4th season Baltar comes to mind), but Starbuck escapes the fleet and joins the Cylons! grumbler has only 3 cards remaining so he don't need to discard. Starbuck is now on the Resurrection Ship location. If anyone needs info on the Cylon locations, let me know.

The President will be receiving her cards.

Berkut

Yeah, I could use the info. Does this mean we are completely screwed? A Cylon in the brig, Tigh in sickbay, Thrace is gone, and everyone else is suspect?

What can the Sympathizer do from over there?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

And does Baltar get a new card as well? Can he go from Cylon to human, or is that a one way trip?

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on July 07, 2009, 12:10:43 PM
And does Baltar get a new card as well? Can he go from Cylon to human, or is that a one way trip?

Well first of all, Baltar is still only a suspect. As for rules, once you have a single "you are cylon" card, you are a cylon for good and nothing changes that

Tamas

QuoteCYLON LOCATIONS
Note: These locations may only be used by a revealed Cylon player.

Caprica
Action: Play your Super Crisis Card or draw 2 Crisis Cards, choose 1 to resolve, and discard the other. There are no Activate Cylon Ships or Prepare for Jump steps during this Crisis.

Cylon Fleet
Action: Activate all Cylon ships of one type, or launch 2 raiders and 1 heavy raider from each Basestar. Activating heavy raiders will advance the centurions one step on the boarding party track, even if there are no heavy raiders on the board.

Human Fleet
Action: Look at any player's hand, and steal 1 Skill Card (place it in your hand). Then roll a die, and if 5 or higher, damage Galactica.

Resurrection Ship
Action:  You may discard you Super Crisis Card to draw a new one. Then, if distance is 7 or less, give your unrevealed Loyalty Card(s) to any player.

Better post it here for everyone.

As for Starbuck, she/he can't get a Super Crisis card and can't use the cylon fleet location. Otherwise she/he is a full-fledged Cylon player and wins by making the humans lose like the normal cylon(s)

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on July 07, 2009, 12:10:14 PM
Tigh in sickbay

Well, I could get Tigh out of sickbay. However, we still have a problem with the existing centurion. (I don't have a good sense of how many Quorum cards there are, but I could pull a skilled politician in hopes that I get that card again that lets me destroy a centurion.)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Berkut

Someone will need to go to the spot that gives engineering cards, and try to draw a repair, I guess.

0 rows returned

garbon

Well for those of us that get politics cards, myself and Lee, we can play consolidate power to get two cards of any type. It is just that it will take a while for it to get back around for us to be able to use repair if we get it.