News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

What do you want, Admiral?

Also, with this last card, that means we're going to be jumping at the end of the turn?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2009, 10:50:10 AM
What do you want, Admiral?

Also, with this last card, that means we're going to be jumping at the end of the turn?

Yes, you will be jumping once the Basestar's attack is resolved.

Berkut

I have three lower value cards I can get rid of, although 5 cards is a pretty hefty price.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Well I'll be getting replacement cards soon (I didn't even play any in the last round) and I'm a little afraid of sacrificing food as that will put us at halfway on that resource...and as far as I know some destination cards force us to give up food.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on July 07, 2009, 11:00:39 AM
I have three lower value cards I can get rid of, although 5 cards is a pretty hefty price.
We've paid 5 cards to no avail several times now, and have only passed a crisis with four cards when the current player was brilliant.

I'd let the cards go, rather than the food.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Fair enough - at least this is a crisis we can be sure to pass, for a change!

I will PM my cards to Tamas.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Ok so it seems the President wants the cards to be discarded.
Berkut and garbon can tell here the cards they discard.

While this was being dealt with, the Basestar opened fire on Galactica:

Die roller results:

Request:  8-sided die x 1

And hits it! Severe damage happens to the Armory section of the ship. One of the explosions knock Colonel Tigh out. He is moved to Sickbay.

But luckily, jump calculations complete, and the human fleet jumps away. Vipers are returned to the Reserves, Apollo and Starbuck go to the Hangar Bay, all other ships are removed from the map. The Admiral will be receiving the available jump targets shortly.

Tamas

Also dont forget people, some very interesting jump this could be. If the Admiral chooses a location with the distance of at least 2, the remaining Loyalty Cards will be dealt out.

The most important thing about them is the Symphatizer card which was added to the loyalty deck by me after the initial handout of cards. That has to be revealed immediately, remember that because I will reveal if you won't.

garbon

Not good. How are we going to get rid of the centurion now?

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2009, 11:31:38 AM
Not good. How are we going to get rid of the centurion now?

there is a skill card called Repair. Wether someone holds one and is willing to play it is a different matter

garbon

And really, now that I think of it, we should have dropped the food. Then we wouldn't risk getting a revealed cylon with the sympathizer card... (unfortunately I only just learned that rule  :blush:)

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2009, 11:36:14 AM
And really, now that I think of it, we should have dropped the food. Then we wouldn't risk getting a revealed cylon with the sympathizer card...

uhm, the jump would have happened regardless of your choice

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on July 07, 2009, 11:38:17 AM

Yes but if I chose to drop the food to 5, then when the sympathizer card comes into play, said person would only be put in the brig and would not become a cylon.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2009, 11:39:10 AM
Quote from: Tamas on July 07, 2009, 11:38:17 AM

Yes but if I chose to drop the food to 5, then when the sympathizer card comes into play, said person would only be put in the brig and would not become a cylon.

Food enters red zone from the value of 4

garbon

Oh, just noticed that food only starts at 8. :blush: