News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacobL

I have quite a few tricks up my sleeve to avoid being shot down but my offense is a bit light.  Our goals need to be the heavy raiders and the boarding party.  I think can keep the raiders busy trying to shoot at me for a while.

garbon

I discarded two cards to activate my office.  And then...

After the president had a brief "consultation" with the good doctor, the Quorum authorizes the use of brutal force.

Message from the desk of the president: Kill them. Use every cannon, every bomb, every bullet, every weapon. Kill them all.

Now what will we destroy : 3 raiders, 1 heavy raider or 1 boarding party?

Also, Tamas, I'll need that dice roll once we've decided (less than 2 and we lose one population).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

I say let's get rid of three of the four raiders in zone 6.  The boaring party is dangerous, but, again, only activates 20% of the turns, and has to move several spaces so can wait.  If the raiders activate in your crisis step, Apollo will burn up his tactical genius pretty quickly, and we will be faced with even more raiders the next time they activate (and they will toast the viper in zone 5 the enxt time they activate, as well).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Well the President seems to have been trusting the military brunch on this question so I will go with the 3 Raiders, which get destroyed in Zone 6 in a dangerous feint manevuer involving the use of civilian ships. Will this result in loss of population? It will, on a roll of 2 or less:

Request:  8-sided die x 1

No, it won't.

Now it is time for the President's visions.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on June 30, 2009, 04:53:29 PM
Well the President seems to have been trusting the military brunch

But of course, I've no real knowledge of military affairs.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Fuck, why have the gods forsaken us? I'm having terribly awful visions.

Tamas

Tamas

grumbler

I can help with two crap cards and a moderate one, if we decide to pass this.  Passing would get us up two spots on the jump track.

Deciding to risk the raiders isn't a disastrous choice either, since they will be marching into Apollo's fire and mine.

The Admiral could better say how much tactical skill he can contribute
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

JacobL

We need to be totally united, if we try to pass we must pass as it would be a big help but failing is not only lost humans but lost cards.  I can give a minimum level of support but it would be very minimal so we would need someone able to go really far in support or we would better off taking our chances with the dice.

garbon

I can only give support in a limited fashion.

Barrister

Trial is over, get decision on Friday.

I can help a decent amount on this with two cards.  I'll have to discard one card, but its my turn next anyways so that isn't too bad.  I can't do it alone however.

If we think we can I think we should try and pass this.  It isn't impossible to do at level 10.  Progress on the jump path is important (and losing a pop is bad, but we're lower on other resources), and more cylons are the last thing we need.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

I agree that we should try to pass it if we think it is possible. We need to get closer to jumping.

Oh and when you get a chance, Tamas, can we get a sig update? :)

Neil

This wouldn't be happening if Starbuck had been a man.  Boomer too.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on June 30, 2009, 08:19:22 PM
This wouldn't be happening if Starbuck had been a man.  Boomer too.
You are right.  No one would ever have made a game about a has-been TV series from the 1970s.

Bayraktar!