And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on June 30, 2009, 02:28:18 PM
So who is up?

garbon, he needs to discard, then take his turn. I am sending him his card draw now

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on June 30, 2009, 02:04:53 PM
Quote from: Tamas on June 30, 2009, 02:02:55 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 30, 2009, 01:59:01 PM

Not sure what it would mean for me to be both - how hard would it be to change it later? Is it even possible?

You go to Administration (presidental ship) and initiate a skill check to give the President title to an other player. However, the thing which certainly complicates this from your point of view is that Baltar has been made Vice President. It means he is the only one who can be appointed President through this Administration action.

Well that sure as hell isn't an option.

I guess we ditch skill cards then.

Wait, wait, wait - what's so terrible about you being both President and Admiral?

That seems a hell of a lot better than losing 4 cards.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2009, 02:42:48 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 30, 2009, 02:04:53 PM
Quote from: Tamas on June 30, 2009, 02:02:55 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 30, 2009, 01:59:01 PM

Not sure what it would mean for me to be both - how hard would it be to change it later? Is it even possible?

You go to Administration (presidental ship) and initiate a skill check to give the President title to an other player. However, the thing which certainly complicates this from your point of view is that Baltar has been made Vice President. It means he is the only one who can be appointed President through this Administration action.

Well that sure as hell isn't an option.

I guess we ditch skill cards then.

Wait, wait, wait - what's so terrible about you being both President and Admiral?

That seems a hell of a lot better than losing 4 cards.

I am sorry but the decision has been made.

garbon

Okay, I need some military input on my turn.  I can either call on a viper pilot for assistance, or spend cards to get to the armory (drop to travel and I'd have to drop two to activate), or authorize some measures that will lead to some certain cylon deaths.  What's the priority order with regards to raiders, heavy raider, and the centurion boarding party?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Actually, if you have an EO card, use that to activate one of the Viper pilots.

0 rows returned

garbon

What sort of kills do we think we can expect from one of our viper pilots?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on June 30, 2009, 02:52:02 PM
What sort of kills do we think we can expect from one of our viper pilots?

well you can either launch a new one (like, the last one), or move the one out there, or have it shoot on one cylon ship in its current zone (5)

garbon

OOC: I'm trying to do some math taking into account a useful quorum card that I have. However, as I don't think I'm supposed to share what cards I have, I'm trying get some information about what our pilots can do and how worried we are about each of the enemy types facing us to reach a decision.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on June 30, 2009, 02:55:31 PM
OOC: I'm trying to do some math taking into account a useful quorum card that I have. However, as I don't think I'm supposed to share what cards I have, I'm trying get some information about what our pilots can do and how worried we are about each of the enemy types facing us to reach a decision.

Well, the Raiders still have some Vipers to destroy before they turn against civilian ships. (altough number of operational Vipers is decreasing fast)
If there is a crisis activating Heavy Raiders, they will both reach a hangar entry that would mean a total of 3 boarding parties on Galactica.
The Basestar can shoot at Galactica, launch 3 Raiders, or launch a heavy raider, depending on what the activation does to it

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on June 30, 2009, 02:55:31 PM
If you activate me, I can take two actions even if I move.  I have few cards though, so I am less likely to have a really good pilooting card (you will know that I have played three since my last draw).  Apollo doesn't need to move, so he could also take two actions, and he has more cards than I (plus, he has only [played one piloting card, and so is more likely to have a good piloting card left).

Much as I hate to say it, you should XO activate Apollo and not me.  :(

Either way, expect between one and two raider kills.

If you have brutal force, you might want to use that instead.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on June 30, 2009, 03:07:00 PM
Either way, expect between one and two raider kills.

If you have brutal force, you might want to use that instead.

Okay, thanks and thanks, Tamas.

So Galactica crew, is the perception that we should prioritize focusing on the raiders over the heavy raiders/boarding party?

Berkut

No, at this point I think the heavies are of greater concern, simply because we've cut down the Raiders a bit, and we already have a boarding party on the ship.

However, that doesn't mean we should take care of the heavies first - it might be better to just finish off the raiders, since they are right there and "under the gun" already.

0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on June 30, 2009, 03:32:06 PM
No, at this point I think the heavies are of greater concern, simply because we've cut down the Raiders a bit, and we already have a boarding party on the ship.

However, that doesn't mean we should take care of the heavies first - it might be better to just finish off the raiders, since they are right there and "under the gun" already.
In that case, you might want to give me the XO, since I can move to the heavy raider in zone 1 and shoot twice.

However, I think that the raiders in Zones 5 and 6 still are our main concern.  Heavy raiders do not activate nearly as often (20% vice 50%) and they have to each move twice to get on the boarding track.  The raiders in Zone 5 have to move just once (into 6) and then they will have 7 raiders in that one zone, and we have the President's crisis and then the XO's crisis to resolve before I get an actual turn.  I don't think Apollo and I will survive that long.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Thank you, Admiral and Lt. Thrace for your wise counsel. I'll make my decision shortly.