Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on June 30, 2009, 08:34:29 AM
OK, I was pretty free and easy with the first nuke, but using our last one is pretty dangerous - but then, I when are we going to need it more than right now?

I was going to use my turn to give you or Apollo some extra attacks - think it would be better to just nuke the BS and probably three of the raiders with you now?
I don't have the cards to do a great deal of damage right now, but I can provide targeting data to make one attack really "special."  I think we are in extremis. Two heavy raiders are only two turns away from getting aboard, and they are hard to kill. The raiders have a 50% chance of activating before even you can move, and a 75% chance after you move.  If Apollo can bag one or more, and then you nuke them, we stand a good chance of being in position to keep the civvie ship alongside me alive, since the Raiders still have to shoot me down before they can attack civilians.

QuoteApollo, hold off on your move for a moment until we can figure this out. Perhaps we should send you after the heavy raiders while Thrace and everyone else on Galactica deal with the raiders and BSs.
I think that, if Apollo moves into Zone 6, he will be in a position to move back to zone 5 if the aft heavy raider moves there, without cutting into firepower.  The down side is that he could be shot down here in 6, if we get unlucky and lots of raiders survive.  If he moves into 4 right now, he has a shot this turn and another next turn (the heavy raiders activate on only 1/5 of the crisis cards).  That still leaves us with the Heavy Rider in zone 1, but we have to take things in order.

All in all, though, I recommend Apollo come into 6 and shoot a raider.  Even if all goes as well as possible, and I get an XO and you are good with the nuke, between us we shoot down a maximum of 5 of the 8 raiders here.  If Apollo gets another one, that would leave only two - unlikely to shoot both of us down, and even then unable to attack the civvies.

Odds are long, though, against getting all six possible kills.  Still, I think it is our best shot if we don't want to lose civilians. 

Now, if I could get an XO from both Roslin and Tigh, that would be even sweeter.  That's maybe four raiders zapped, and if they can promise that, I would say let Apollo go for the heavy raider in zone 4.  That may mean allowing the basestar in 5 to attack the Galactica, though, as no one would be in a position to go to WC and stop it.  Still, 9 raiders are a bigger threat, since they will start attacking the ship themselves if they kill all the vipers and the civlian in this sector, and they activate a lot more often than basestars.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

I'm considering measures that might allow for easy zapping of a few cylons.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

I agree that the raiders are the more immediate threat. Commander Apollo, engage Cylon raiders in Zone 6 immediately.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on June 30, 2009, 10:21:26 AM
I agree that the raiders are the more immediate threat. Commander Apollo, engage Cylon raiders in Zone 6 immediately.

Now I need Apollo to confirm this  :)

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on June 30, 2009, 08:59:45 AM
Now, if I could get an XO from both Roslin and Tigh, that would be even sweeter.  That's maybe four raiders zapped, and if they can promise that, I would say let Apollo go for the heavy raider in zone 4. 

I have an XO, but only one such card can be played per turn.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Barrister

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2009, 10:38:09 AM
Quote from: grumbler on June 30, 2009, 08:59:45 AM
Now, if I could get an XO from both Roslin and Tigh, that would be even sweeter.  That's maybe four raiders zapped, and if they can promise that, I would say let Apollo go for the heavy raider in zone 4. 

I have an XO, but only one such card can be played per turn.

:mad:

Tamas

Here you go the mapboard, I have sent BB the image in an e-mail.

Tamas

Also I feel inclined to point out since it was not properly updated in my sig before, that you have only 1 Viper in reserve, so unless you start repairing them you will be running out of them

JacobL

Quote from: Berkut on June 30, 2009, 10:21:26 AM
Heading in.  Starbuck I hope you are with me shortly on this charge.  Targeting the raiders and going in using maximum firepower and see if I can hold the raiders off the civvies long enough.

Barrister

I have a trial again today.  If I'm away from the computer for an extended time, that's why.

Also it's Dominion Day tomorrow, so I won't be at work.  Not sure how it'll affect my languish time though.

Berkut

That is a lot of raiders.

During my turn I will move to Weapons Control, then nuking the basestar in Zone 6.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Apollo moves to Zone 6 then plays Maximum Firepower (4) attacking 4 times (unrelated to the card's value :P )

Request:  8-sided die x 4

And destroys 4 Raiders!

Jubilance on the bridge don't last long though. Who knows how, but the approaching Heavy Raiders manage to connect to Galactica's computer and in preparation of their boarding, try to upload a...