Main Menu

[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Okay rerolling of the attack of the 4 new raiders:

Request:  8-sided die x 4

Okay so here is how it happened:

The first rull will be rerolled because grumbler plays an other 1 value evasive maneuver card:

Request:  8-sided die x 1

So after the first Raider's shot, one Viper is gone as Damaged, the 3rd Viper Damages the 2nd unmanned Viper, this leaves the 4th Raider's roll to affect Starbuck, so grumbler is playing a 2-valued evasive maneuver, which prompts a reroll with -2:

Die roller results:

Request:  8-sided die x 1

no effect!

So Starbuck stay in the battle. Jacob is up.

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on June 30, 2009, 07:49:33 AM
Tamas, are you trying to suggest that on my turn I cannot

1. Nuke the basestar
2. Go to weapons control and shoot a basestar
3. Got to command and use vipers to shoot raiders, AND
4. Use a card to have Thrace or my son shoot some more raiders?

I think we should bend the rules for the sake of epic story telling.

Only if we bend the rules to allow Baltar an epic brig escape so he can save Battlestar Galactica by destroying all the raiders singlehandedly.

grumbler

If the Admiral wants to go all DefCon One on these asshole toasters out here with me, I have some pretty good targetting data that should just about double the chances of success.

We have to be free to zap those heavy raiders.  There are two of 'em now.  I recommend release of Special Weapons.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

JACOB IS NOT UP. I AM UP. FOR FRAKS SAKE.

TAMAS: WORST. GAME MASTER. EVER.

JacobL

When I get a chance, I can charge the guns to try and help back up Starbuck or stay wher I am at to try and block for the civvies and try to clear up the area right around me.  Admiral, suggestions?

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on June 30, 2009, 07:52:20 AM
JACOB IS NOT UP. I AM UP. FOR FUCKS SAKE.

I thought you and me have established that you are not doing anything.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on June 30, 2009, 07:53:37 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 30, 2009, 07:52:20 AM
JACOB IS NOT UP. I AM UP. FOR FUCKS SAKE.

I thought you and me have established that you are not doing anything.

Err, no I never established anything like that. Not trying to escape != Not doing anything.

Tamas

Martinus

Martinus

I'm playing Consolidate Power to get two Purple cards.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on June 30, 2009, 07:55:34 AM
I can still play Action cards, can't I?

yes you can, at least i could not find anything forbidding it.

Berkut I have just spotted: if a card's text says "action" it means it can only be played in your own turn and counts as your action. Otherwise, it does not.

Now really jacob is up.

As I was saying, card numbers are outdated in my sig, will correct it (and give Mart his cards) when I get home in 2 hours or so.

Berkut

Quote from: JacobL on June 30, 2009, 07:53:30 AM
When I get a chance, I can charge the guns to try and help back up Starbuck or stay wher I am at to try and block for the civvies and try to clear up the area right around me.  Admiral, suggestions?

Move to the nearest Raider trying to take out a civvie and kill it.

This would be easier to visualize if we had something to visualize.

Primary concern right now is protection of civilian ships.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on June 30, 2009, 07:51:25 AM
If the Admiral wants to go all DefCon One on these asshole toasters out here with me, I have some pretty good targetting data that should just about double the chances of success.

We have to be free to zap those heavy raiders.  There are two of 'em now.  I recommend release of Special Weapons.

OK, I was pretty free and easy with the first nuke, but using our last one is pretty dangerous - but then, I when are we going to need it more than right now?

I was going to use my turn to give you or Apollo some extra attacks - think it would be better to just nuke the BS and probably three of the raiders with you now?

Apollo, hold off on your move for a moment until we can figure this out. Perhaps we should send you after the heavy raiders while Thrace and everyone else on Galactica deal with the raiders and BSs.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

JacobL

*Heavy raider can only enter through zones 5 and 6 right? :huh:

Tamas

Quote from: JacobL on June 30, 2009, 08:48:13 AM
*Heavy raider can only enter through zones 5 and 6 right? :huh:

Yes.

Guys, if nothing else, I will give you a photo of the board when I get home to get this situation more clear.