News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Alright everyone, here's the idea. If I can get out of the Brig, I can go and repair the vipers in the Hanger Bay. I have capabilities to do it. The only other person who could do it without wasting actions to draw more Engineering cards is Starbuck, and we need her on the battlefield (once she is out of the Sickbay anyway).

Will I get your support on this?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on June 30, 2009, 01:43:37 AM
Alright, the first thing on that cad is activating Raiders, so at that point only the 5 already in Zone 6 activates. Since the 2 unmanned Vipers are also not there at that moment, I am rolling 5 attacks on Starbuck. If she gets shot down, the rest of the Raiders will move:

Request:  8-sided die x 5

The 3rd Raider lands a critical hit on Starbuck's engines, destroying the Viper! She manages to eject in time and is place to Sickbay. The other 2 Raiders move to Zone 5

Then the new forces arrive, and the 4 new Raiders activate immediately, attacking the 2 unmanned Vipers who scrambled to meet them:

Request:  8-sided die x 4

Both Vipers are destroyed!
Slow down, Hoss!

I play an "evasive maneuvers" (piloting 1 card) to re-roll the attack that downed me (add -2 to the re-roll).

You also never rolled my attack on the initial 5 Raiders (I got to launch and carry out 1 action).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Correct, you launched right into Zone 6!  :Embarrass:

going to reroll that particular 5 raiders battle now, including your one attack

Tamas

Ok so backtrack time a little: Starbuck flies out of the hangar, all guns blazing:

Die roller results:

Request:  8-sided die x 1

One Raider is destroyed, so I reroll their attack on Starbuck:

Request:  8-sided die x 4

Only the first is a hit but it would be a destroy so Starbuck performs some Evasie Maneuvers, forcing a reroll of that attack with -2drm:

Request:  8-sided die x 1

Tamas

Thats a no hit, and other Raiders miss her as well.

Since it appears grumbler is willing burning cards on this, I will reroll the other battle as well, when the 4 newly arrived Raiders go for the 2 unmanned freshly arrived Vipers in Zone 6.

Berkut

Wohoo! Excitement! I have cards that can get our pilots some extra attacks and such once it comes around to me again.

Don't anyone even consider letting the toaster out of the Brig.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Of course I still have a nuke. Dear lord, I do love nuking things.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Berkut

So if I play a card on my turn, does that count as my play for the turn?

0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on June 30, 2009, 07:22:27 AM

Since it appears grumbler is willing burning cards on this, I will reroll the other battle as well, when the 4 newly arrived Raiders go for the 2 unmanned freshly arrived Vipers in Zone 6.
How do the newly-arrived Raiders get to attack?  There is no Raider activation key on the card.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on June 30, 2009, 07:39:22 AM
So if I play a card on my turn, does that count as my play for the turn?

seems to be the case, yes

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on June 30, 2009, 07:40:06 AM

How do the newly-arrived Raiders get to attack?  There is no Raider activation key on the card.

Read the card.

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on June 30, 2009, 07:42:54 AM
Quote from: grumbler on June 30, 2009, 07:40:06 AM

Read the card.
Yeah, as I PM'ed you, I was looking at the wrong card.  :Embarrass:

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Tamas, are you trying to suggest that on my turn I cannot

1. Nuke the basestar
2. Go to weapons control and shoot a basestar
3. Got to command and use vipers to shoot raiders, AND
4. Use a card to have Thrace or my son shoot some more raiders?

I think we should bend the rules for the sake of epic story telling.

0 rows returned