News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I just have one card that could be useful, and it's rather weak. So considering that both the Admiral and Starbuck are on this, I don't think my assistance will be necessary. Pass.

Barrister

I can help only a little bit, and that'll mean I'll have no cards at all until my next turn (which is one after next).  I think I have to offer only moral support.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

So, we are basically deciding to deliberately fail this one?
Apollo, Baltar, Tigh, and The President all passing?  I guess I will not waste even a small card, then, and suggest the Admiral do the same.

I didn't think there could be four Cylons in the fleet!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on June 27, 2009, 01:27:26 PM
Apollo, Baltar, Tigh, and The President all passing?  I guess I will not waste even a small card, then, and suggest the Admiral do the same.

I have one small card, and playing it will cause me to discard my remaining card.  You think that's a good idea?

garbon

What part of "I've no relevant cards" was hard to understand? I suppose I could exert influence to make sure it was harder for the admiral to be rescued. :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

It's a job for those with Tactical and Piloting skills. I'm a scientist!

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on June 27, 2009, 01:35:48 PM
I have one small card, and playing it will cause me to discard my remaining card.  You think that's a good idea?
Yes, if it saves a fuel.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2009, 01:47:06 PM
What part of "I've no relevant cards" was hard to understand? I suppose I could exert influence to make sure it was harder for the admiral to be rescued. :mellow:
If you have no one-skill cards, then you don't.  You were not the likeliest person to be helping, anyway.  My point was that we had four people back out, when I would have expected two at the most.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on June 27, 2009, 02:15:34 PM
It's a job for those with Tactical and Piloting skills. I'm a scientist!
Any [1] skill card counts as positive, as the inspirational Admiral pointed out.  I cannot think of a better use for those [1] skill engineering cards, since we have no damaged vipers.

Bayraktar!

JacobL

I kicked in 1 card.  Don't expect any support on any other checks for some time. :cry:

grumbler

I'll toss a card if Tigh does (since I accept that maybe the Prexie doesn't have any one-skill cards, her being furthest from her draw).  It will be a small one, though.  If Baltar comes through with even a [1] skill card of any type, I think we can do it.

Bayraktar!

Barrister

grumbler

Quote from: JacobL on June 27, 2009, 02:30:24 PM
I kicked in 1 card.  Don't expect any support on any other checks for some time. :cry:
You and I are the fighting types.  Most of the skill checks (more than 3/4 of them, in fact) don't require piloting.  Tactics, yes (29 of 41).  There are a few tactics cards that are damned useful in a fight, but they probably will be spent on skill checks.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Bayraktar!

grumbler

C'mon Baltar, you have four cards.  Surely one of them is a [1].

Bayraktar!