It's Bibipalooza! Live, from Congress! One show only!

Started by CountDeMoney, March 03, 2015, 04:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

You know, this is kind of like the North Korean nuclear deal that Clinton set up.  Congress wisely refused to fund it and waited till a tough guy conservative could deal with North Korea and prevent them from ever getting nukes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2015, 01:07:11 AM
Quote from: Jacob on March 13, 2015, 10:57:38 PM
It doesn't seem to have convinced anyone else.

Do you find that conclusive?

I do not find your argument conclusive, no.

Sheilbh

Doesn't look good for Bibi. After his last minute pitch ('there will be no Palestinian state' disowning his professed policy since 2009), he's now warning that the Israeli right is in extreme danger. Arabs are voting in 'droves' and they're being bused in by the left.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 17, 2015, 07:04:19 AM
Doesn't look good for Bibi. After his last minute pitch ('there will be no Palestinian state' disowning his professed policy since 2009), he's now warning that the Israeli right is in extreme danger. Arabs are voting in 'droves' and they're being bused in by the left.

God I hate Bibi. Please Arab smuggling baby Yeshua not-Christ let the Israeli right lose just one more time before the religious nutcases rule Israel forever.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

A non-profit Dem group is being investigated by a bi-partisan group in Congress. Apparently they  were given tax money by the State dept and and they another group have been in Israel doing work for Bibi's opponent. (Is it normal for a US political group to be working for political parties in another country?) I think the main questions here are if tax dollars are being used and also the non-profit status possibly being violated.

Valmy

Quote from: KRonn on March 17, 2015, 09:49:32 AM
(Is it normal for a US political group to be working for political parties in another country?)

Of course not but this is US-Israel relations.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Sheilbh

I'm not sure about those allegations K, but Bibi has been bitching about Us donors. Which does leave you wondering: Sheldon Adelson? :blink:

Bibi definitely looks panicked. He's just been barred from giving a press conference as PM while the polls are still open.
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

So it sounds like Bibi fumbled the ball in his own territory with a minute left in the 4th quarter.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

Sheilbh

Israeli elections are unpredictable. And he may lose the election but still win the coalition negotiations.

But he is following the usual pattern for the downfall of a Middle Eastern leader. Right now he's blaming foreign governments and provocateurs....
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

First exit polls out. Looks like it's 50-50. Far easier for Bibi to form a coalition. Perhaps more difficult to walk back the last couple of days.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Apparently NOC for either likely coalition according to exit polls, so President wanting negotiations of national unity government. Maybe rotating premiership?
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Well that's a bummer. Ah well I know never to expect good news from that part of the world.