News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

It's Official Spring 2015 Arrives

Started by mongers, February 25, 2015, 07:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Parts of Alabama got close to a foot of snow yesterday, no, spring is not here.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on February 25, 2015, 09:05:09 AM
We really had no winter to speak of this year. I think the coldest it was in Warsaw was about -5 C during day and that was just for a couple of weeks. Likewise, hardly any snow.

Paradoxically, lots of people are sick as a result, as it is much easier to catch cold when it is raining and around +5 C than when it is freezing.

This is the second year in a row when we get an extremely mild winter. I guess global warming works psychosomatically - Europe believes in it so we get warmer weather; America does not believe in it, so it gets polar vortices. :P
Same. We had a cold-ish February but that was only about 0 degrees. Aside from that it's been incredibly mild this year. And it was last year too (though previous two were snowy).
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

I am skiing in Austria and it was fucking cold today.

CountDeMoney

LOL, 2" of snow, and shit's getting closed today due to an extra layer of ice.

mongers

A St.David's Day that reminds me of when I lived in Wales, got half way up onto the downs before it started raining.
Ending up doing the last 15 miles in heavy cold rain, strong gusts of wind and some really hard hail. Got home utterly soaked, boots half-full of cold water but.. :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2015, 02:28:15 PM
Was so sunny and dry today. :cool:

Oh it was like that here for most of the day, I just choose to go out when it included the forecasted hour or two of heavy rain.  :bowler:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

It's only partially cloudy and it's a couple of degrees above 5C.

SPRING!!!! :w00t:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on March 03, 2015, 06:13:35 AM
It's only partially cloudy and it's a couple of degrees above 5C.

SPRING!!!! :w00t:

:cool:

It's very mild and sunny here.  :)

Liep

It started to hail and has now morphed into sleet. Forget my previous post. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

mongers

Quote from: garbon on March 03, 2015, 07:48:50 AM
Spring comes in fits and starts?

Have you seen St.James Park again, this visit?

That's my usual barometer for Spring arriving in London.

Admiral Yi

Sleet last night.  Roads and sidewalks are a skating rink.