News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

It's Official Spring 2015 Arrives

Started by mongers, February 25, 2015, 07:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Reached 16.2C here this afternoon when I was out, beautiful spring day down on the beach.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on February 25, 2015, 02:29:55 PM
Reached 16.2C here this afternoon when I was out, beautiful spring day down on the beach.  :bowler:

*Lobs intercontinental iceball*
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on February 25, 2015, 02:33:01 PM
Quote from: mongers on February 25, 2015, 02:29:55 PM

*Lobs intercontinental iceball*

:D

Tomorrow here will probably be as cold, windy and miserable as possible, given I've opened my mouth on the subject.  :(

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 25, 2015, 09:35:18 AM
Eastern Canada is still a frozen wasteland & will remain so for another month. Western Canada is in full spring mode apparently.

It's -14c today, so no not really.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Lots of plants are starting to bud and even bloom now.  The concern is that if the weather returns to seasonal norms they will be damaged.  But given the mild winter it is unlikely.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 25, 2015, 05:04:52 PM
Lots of plants are starting to bud and even bloom now.  The concern is that if the weather returns to seasonal norms they will be damaged.  But given the mild winter it is unlikely.

No doubt that'll happen here, but luckily I'm in a reasonable sheltered valley.

Malthus

Lord knows one would not want a damaged crop of "BC Bud".  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on February 25, 2015, 05:35:18 PM

Lord knows one would not want a damaged crop of "BC Bud".  :D

:lol:

Norgy

Quote from: mongers on February 25, 2015, 07:30:30 AM

So take it from me, Spring 2015 has arrives, that's as good as 'official'.  :D

Lies. Utter lies.
It's sleet, snow and -1 C. Just because there's a delicate flower in South Mongershire, doesn't mean there's anywhere near spring in Norwegistan.

Eddie Teach

Didn't Mongers declare Spring was already here like a month ago?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 26, 2015, 05:39:42 AM
Didn't Mongers declare Spring was already here like a month ago?  :hmm:

That was Last year, and as it happens I was only about 3 months early.  :P

KRonn

Some cold and snow today, but yesterday was in the low 30s, just above freezing, so it was like a heat wave. :yeah: Should just be a few inches of snow at most today, though some weather reports show another possible storm brewing for Sunday-Monday.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on February 26, 2015, 10:09:54 AM
Some cold and snow today, but yesterday was in the low 30s, just above freezing, so it was like a heat wave. :yeah: Should just be a few inches of snow at most today, though some weather reports show another possible storm brewing for Sunday-Monday.

Tag line 'Despatch from U.S. Outpost 31'   :P

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: KRonn on February 26, 2015, 10:09:54 AM
Some cold and snow today, but yesterday was in the low 30s,

It's amazing how the super-low temps can change your perspective on what feels cold.  The other day I was outside with the kids in 34 degree weather and didn't even feel like wearing a jacket.

It's shaping up to be Cincinnati's 4th coldest February on record.  Coldest was 1899-- can't imagine how miserable things were in those drafty houses from that era.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall