News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Oscar Best Movie Poll - Who *Should* Win

Started by Martinus, February 22, 2015, 09:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which movie should get the 2015 Oscar for Best Movie?

American Sniper
5 (14.3%)
Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
5 (14.3%)
Boyhood
4 (11.4%)
The Grand Budapest Hotel
15 (42.9%)
The Imitation Game
1 (2.9%)
Selma
2 (5.7%)
The Theory of Everything
0 (0%)
Whiplash
3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on February 23, 2015, 09:11:38 AM
Quote from: Liep on February 23, 2015, 09:05:00 AM
NPH won't host again, so no.

I think you missed the joke.

Possibly, I didn't see the Bafta so I don't know if Fry bombed. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Can we all agree that Lego won the Oscars though?

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on February 23, 2015, 09:42:53 AM

The joke was that they are both white men and are (gay) married.  So they represent a return to old fashioned values.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

celedhring

Heh, wasn't aware of that. Greg Berlanti, of Arrow and Flash fame, was the head writer of the show.

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on February 23, 2015, 09:03:46 AM
By the way, with BAFTA being hosted by Stephen Fry and Oscars by NPH, can we safely say film making industry proves once again that it is so conservative, only a married white man can host it?  :(

Ellen DeGeneres hosted last year and in 2007.

Grey Fox

Quote from: The Larch on February 23, 2015, 10:29:46 AM
Quote from: Martinus on February 23, 2015, 09:03:46 AM
By the way, with BAFTA being hosted by Stephen Fry and Oscars by NPH, can we safely say film making industry proves once again that it is so conservative, only a married white man can host it?  :(

Ellen DeGeneres hosted last year and in 2007.

She's also white & married. Marti is only 1/3 wrong here.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on February 23, 2015, 09:55:20 AM
Quote from: Liep on February 23, 2015, 09:42:53 AM

The joke was that they are both white men and are (gay) married.  So they represent a return to old fashioned values.

Oh I see now that he changed his post. What I commented on was about gays cornering the market on hosting.

Siege

Selma should win, because the Democrats need it to maintain the race baiting going.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on February 23, 2015, 11:10:53 AM
Selma should win, because the Democrats need it to maintain the race baiting going.

Shall we put some money on it?  Because I am feeling Birdman.

Siege

Quote from: Valmy on February 23, 2015, 11:13:46 AM
Quote from: Siege on February 23, 2015, 11:10:53 AM

Shall we put some money on it?  Because I am feeling Birdman.

You got it. I predict Selma will win.
What do you want to bet?
And when is the Oscars thing?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

celedhring

I got it now, Siege is a time traveler from the past.

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on February 23, 2015, 11:21:25 AM
You got it. I predict Selma will win.
What do you want to bet?
And when is the Oscars thing?

:lol:

Just playing with you Siege.  The Oscars were last night and Birdman won.

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on February 23, 2015, 08:46:00 AM
So Birdman won.  Any thoughts?  I didn't see it.

One of the few times I've agreed with the Best Picture winner of the year.  :cheers:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien