Pediatrician Refuses To Care For Baby With Lesbian Mothers In Michigan

Started by Martinus, February 19, 2015, 11:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on February 19, 2015, 11:48:45 AM
It is just mind bogglingly stupid that pro-lifers have chosen Planned Parenthood as their bĂȘte-noire.  They should be working with Planned Parenthood in a fight to reduce the number of abortions.  I mean only the insane would be both against contraception and family planning AND abortion.  I mean that is so idiotic one would think their policy is to undermine society.

And that's the thing about the "pro-life" movement:  oh, they're worried about saving babies, alright--as long as they're the white right babies.  But it's far more important to conservatives to block contraception and family planning, because that keeps the blacks poor right where they belong:  poor.

It's not about undermining society, it's about maintaining the society they want.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on February 19, 2015, 11:50:00 AM
the real question is, could a doctor refuses to treat a black man because of his religious beliefs?  Could a Muslim doctor refuses to treat a Jew or vice-versa?

I lean on Marty's side because of the precedent it creates here, it essentially validates discrimination.  I understand it's normal behavior for the US, and the doctors are in private practice, but still, I feel uneasy about this.

Yes I am aware of the issue and I understand why Marty was so angry about it and took it so personally. 

However needing us to explain how it is remotely acceptable within any moral system known to man is a little bizarre, like he holds all religious people personally responsible and only religious people could possibly do something bad and consider it morally acceptable.  Like having to be serviced by another doctor in the same clinic was an unthinkable atrocity rather than a distasteful humiliation.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2015, 11:57:48 AM
And that's the thing about the "pro-life" movement:  oh, they're worried about saving babies, alright--as long as they're the white right babies.  But it's far more important to conservatives to block contraception and family planning, because that keeps the blacks poor right where they belong:  poor.

It's not about undermining society, it's about maintaining the society they want.

Exactly. When they stop white people from having abortions, it's because of racism. When they stop black people from having abortions, it's again because of racism. Most people would miss this.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 19, 2015, 12:14:39 PM

Exactly. When they stop white people from having abortions, it's because of racism. When they stop black people from having abortions, it's again because of racism. Most people would miss this.

What racism? Seedy has made it all about racism?

That was hard to predict.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Conservatives only care about preventing abortions of white people, but they don't want blacks to have contraceptives because they want blacks to have a lot of babies and stay poor.

Dude, you really need to get a grip.  You're not even making sense to yourself anymore.

CountDeMoney

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Berkut

Do you even know how racist YOU come across?

You do realize that you are a white man as well...right? Are you some special white man that can see what us other white men cannot? What about your whiteness is so different from ours that makes you the race expert?

0 rows returned

Valmy

From pictures CdM looks like he could pass as ambiguously brown.

Habbaku

Can we please not lose track of the issue at hand here?  Hating Martinus is what we should all focus on.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on February 19, 2015, 12:35:17 PM

Ah, I forgot:  only racists talk about race!

QuoteYou do realize that you are a white man as well...right? Are you some special white man that can see what us other white men cannot? What about your whiteness is so different from ours that makes you the race expert?

I keep it real.

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2015, 12:39:22 PM

Ah, I forgot:  only racists talk about race!

Not at all, I talk about race myself.

I just talk about other things as well, and don't use any possible conversation touching on any social issue as a launching pad to start ranting about how everyone but myself is RACIST!

I don't actually think you are racist, but your single focus on accusing everyone not yourself of being racist over and over and over and over again is definitely turning you into some sort of weird caricature.

QuoteYou do realize that you are a white man as well...right? Are you some special white man that can see what us other white men cannot? What about your whiteness is so different from ours that makes you the race expert?

I keep it real.

No, you don't in fact. I don't even think you would recognize "real" if some cracker beat you to death with it.

0 rows returned

derspiess

You do realize that you are a white man as well...right? Are you some special white man that can see what us other white men cannot? What about your whiteness is so different from ours that makes you the race expert?

He's taking the Black Irish thing way too seriously.  Also I think his race-baiting is at least a partial troll.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on February 19, 2015, 12:43:36 PM
He's taking the Black Irish thing way too seriously.  Also I think his race-baiting is at least a partial troll.

Eh I don't know.  I think he honestly is a self-loathing white man.