Languish, help me plan a Euro vacation. Rome, Paris and London.

Started by lustindarkness, February 17, 2015, 11:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 18, 2015, 10:22:22 PM
Well, seems The Boss is looking at options of planning more herself, ditch the tour and add more days per city.  :)

It is always wise to marry someone smarter than you.

Valmy

I still do not understand the horror of having a few Archaeology PhD students show you around the Forum.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on February 19, 2015, 10:57:47 AM
I still do not understand the horror of having a few Archaeology PhD students show you around the Forum.

There is no horror in that.  The horror is being shipped around with a bus load of tourists for a week or more hitting all the most tourist intensive sights and missing a lot of the interesting things.

Gups

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 19, 2015, 10:59:17 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 19, 2015, 10:57:47 AM

There is no horror in that.  The horror is being shipped around with a bus load of tourists for a week or more hitting all the most tourist intensive sights and missing a lot of the interesting things.

Exactly. If you get a decent guide and a small group at a particular place it can add to the experience.

If you are in a group of 40 wearing identical red baseball caps with the guide herding you like cats by waving a big umbrella (I work near St Pauls so I walk past these groups almost every day), you'd be much better off by yourself.

lustindarkness

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 19, 2015, 10:54:47 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on February 18, 2015, 10:22:22 PM
Well, seems The Boss is looking at options of planning more herself, ditch the tour and add more days per city.  :)

It is always wise to marry someone smarter than you.

Yeap, sad it did not work out for her in that department. LOL
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Quote from: Gups on February 19, 2015, 09:51:54 AM
Excel is a big conference centre (watched some Olympics boxing there) but the area is pretty dull - it's basically 1990s onwards office blocks. It's pretty well connected with lots of transport options, including the cable car.
Yep, sounds about right.  The hotel we stayed at included a daily breakfast buffet.  All you can eat beans, taters, and mushrooms  :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

I've been interested in the Rick Steves tours. You know his people know where the good drugs are at.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 19, 2015, 02:43:25 PM
I've been interested in the Rick Steves tours. You know his people know where the good drugs are at.

I dunno, Rick Steves has always struck me as the most square tour guide possible.  As if BB were to take you on a tour of Europe.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 19, 2015, 02:45:52 PM

I dunno, Rick Steves has always struck me as the most square tour guide possible.  As if BB were to take you on a tour of Europe.

Dude loves the pot.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 18, 2015, 08:44:58 PM
Quote from: Caliga on February 18, 2015, 08:21:49 PM
Also, Beeb... I loved taking a guided tour of Italy.  For two weeks, my job was to sightsee, eat, drink, and relax.  I didn't have to drive, worry about where I was going, or what hotel to stay in.  They took care of everything, even down to getting us 'preferred' tickets at the Vatican so we could skip the long lines and go right in. :showoff:

I like gelato.
:yes:
I didn't bother trying it until towards the end of my Italy trip as I thought "Ice cream? Meh. OK".
But it is so much better
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

I would show you an awesome time in Europe! :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

I'll be a tour guide for you fuckers. We are going to walk everywhere. We are going to stay in the ghetto to save money. If we rent a car at some point, we are probably going over some nasty roads at some point and we might get stuck in the mud and have to spend the night in the car. Don't bitch too much-it is probably nicer than the nights we'll spend in tents.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on February 19, 2015, 03:22:51 PM

I'll be a tour guide for you fuckers. We are going to walk everywhere. We are going to stay in the ghetto to save money. If we rent a car at some point, we are probably going over some nasty roads at some point and we might get stuck in the mud and have to spend the night in the car. Don't bitch too much-it is probably nicer than the nights we'll spend in tents.

This is the true spirit of adventure.  :hug:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"