News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cities:Skylines

Started by Rex Francorum, February 10, 2015, 11:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I decided to try to make a third world tropical hellhole of a city. :)

I have an industrial sector along a river with dirt roads, open sewers, a coal plant, and a landfill and slums packed in right next to it.  A long ways away, up a hill, is a nice residential zone.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PRC

My first city sucked balls, full of mistaken road networks, bad traffic and bad zoning.  My next city will be a paradise.

One thing I would like to see more of in the future is water based industries.  Fishing fleets, piers & docks, houseboats, ferries and effects from water pollution.

Pedrito

First thoughts:

- it's beautiful, and fun, but a bit too easy (if one's not minmaxing every single stat in the game). In SimCity 4 I struggled several times to start my cities, every single addition to the city had to be carefully weighted, because the balance was extremely sensitive; here, in my first try my city is around 11,000, and although not rolling in money, my balance is around $ 400,000 positive. More than what I'm needing, except that I want to make a total redesign of the city.
- graphically it's very nice, my only gripe is that the transition between low and high density buildings is a bit abrupt;

and now some eye candy:

Needs more 3D models  :P

L.

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Grey Fox

My entire city. See how my city is backing up an highway exit  :hmm:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2015, 03:12:57 PM
:lol:

I downloaded a map based on the valley of Innsbruck and started fresh. The highway connection is on the short corner of the starting square, though, but I've expanded to the far side of the river.

I can't see your pics
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on March 17, 2015, 06:12:02 AM
Last I read they're at 500k.
Wow, even CK2 has only sold 1.1 million base copies.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Pedrito on March 17, 2015, 06:34:33 PM
In SimCity 4 I struggled several times to start my cities, L.

farms, lots of them when starting

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on March 17, 2015, 06:12:02 AM
Last I read they're at 500k.

Paradox is going to become a big publisher despite itself.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

lustindarkness

This looks like something my son would like. Yeah,  my son.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Updates from my city.

Streetside parking is popular!

From the roofs: garbage containers and parks.

Several small high density buildings next to each other make this look like one designer building.

An overview.

And from the other side.

Dirt roads in the Walnut District.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

What is this dystopian future where everyone drives fluorescent shaded cars?  :ph34r:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Solmyr

Do you guys rezone your low-density residential areas to high-density once you are able to, or do you build an entirely new high-density residential zone?

FunkMonk

I just zone new neighborhoods specifically for high residential and high commercial. I think it gives the city more personality to have radically different looking districts.

My city as of last night.
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/536265614627874179/6CEB55AE2F6CF596CCC97814BA55C63F3711DE6C/
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Solmyr

Those are some twisty roads!