News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cities:Skylines

Started by Rex Francorum, February 10, 2015, 11:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Funk, how can you resist the urge to make grids?!

My city is up to 21k. No mass transit, bus or metro. It's Boulevard heaven and it's beautifull.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Yeah, I think I may start over (again), because while it's quick and easy to build grids, it's also a bit boring, and I think I will reserve that for industry and high density areas in my next attempt.

Got to over 30k with my city above, but I had trouble with my industry who struggled to find uneducated folks. I had to build a residential district with no educational facilities just for them. :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PRC

Nice interchange, seen on reddit:

lustindarkness

I may have to look at the min req and if my son's laptop can handle it, he said he is interested. I'll have to stay away from it, I'm afraid.  :Embarrass:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

I barely have time to sleep, I basically have two full time jobs right now (except only one pays me as full time :nelson: ) so I don't have time to play the games I already have, I won't try to get into another one.

Sad fact, the only game I've played in the last month is solitaire on my phone while I take a dump.  :lol:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

FunkMonk

I used the freestyle and curved road tools a lot in building roads mainly in the low-density areas. In my picture, the east bank is entirely my "old town", the town which I started at the very beginning, essentially. Directly opposite on the west bank is my "new town", which is grid-like with straighter roads and broader avenues lined with high-density zones.

I also disperse slummy areas near dirty industrial zones with no schools. Every city needs its proles.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Patch time:

Quote1.0.6b - Patch notes
Windows: dependencies to the visual studio runtime have been removed. Addresses the issue where ColossalNative.dll would fail to load for users missing/having wrong msvcrt dlls.
Windows/OSX: fixed an issue where some users would not have permissions to access an user folder
Linux: fixed some cases where the first time launch would show the game half way out of the screen on dual monitors
Linux: various runtime optimizations
Linux: hopefully fixed the performance problems and the log spam, we were unable to reproduce that issue so this is a bit of a blindfolded fix
Linux: added support for $XDG_DATA_HOME. If you are using a custom path for XDG and already played the game on that machine, you will need to manually move the user files from the default folder ~/.local/share/Colossal Order/Cities_Skylines to $XDG_DATA_HOME/Colossal Order/Cities_Skylines
Mac/Linux: fixed a crash when selecting a building in the Asset importer
All platforms: added some debug info which may be useful when trying to help users in trouble
All platforms: added support for -screen-height & -screen-width and lowered severity of argument error unsupported launch options so they would cause the new game button to be greyed
Modding API: fixed OnCalculateResidentialDemand, OnCalculateCommercialDemand and OnCalculateWorkplaceDemand to call their respective counterpart properly. Also fixed for office buildings calling industrial level up.
nerfed parks decreasing commercial demand
road upgrade tool now works between two-way and one-way roads and right mouse-button changes direction of one-way roads
building effect radius is more accurate
added a Film grain slider in the Graphics options, like for the Tilt shift. (Users with the Disable Film Grain mod subscribed from Steam workshop and enabled will be notified with a "Console warning" when the game start and the game will automatically disable the mod and set the film grain amount to 0 so that no action from users is required apart from closing the Console panel).
added a chirper volume slider in the Audio options
intro screen can be skipped with mouse click or key press
fixed a case where an error would occur if the Source folder was not found while sharing a Mod to the workshop
fixed Publish workshop panel caption to not always show Savegame regardless which asset type was selected
killed the clicking sounds that could be heard on a quiet night during full moon and near the end of the loading screen
buildings uploaded to the workshop will now go to their respective tags automatically. (Buildings already on the workshop will not, we are currently investigating how to make it happen without users having to do anything about it)
fixed holding down mouse button and release over ui keeps some tools active
fixed tooltip stays visible when using shortcut to open area view
fixed parking spaces still working for burned down buildings.
fixed mouse raycast use normal mesh for burned down buildings.
removed airplane engine sound from unlockpanel...
fixed minor text issues in different languages
fixed wrong tree shadow alpha with pollution or water
fixed bulldozeing ship/airplane paths in map editor even when they are not visible
fixed pedestrian bridge color slightly wrong from far distance
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Pedrito

Is there a "correct" way to manage the transition between a two-lane highway and an urban network? A roundabout is the easiest way, what do you normally do?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

lustindarkness

Great, the minimum requirements state it does not support intel integrated graphics cards, both of our laptops have those.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

Quote from: Pedrito on March 20, 2015, 06:46:56 PM
Is there a "correct" way to manage the transition between a two-lane highway and an urban network? A roundabout is the easiest way, what do you normally do?

L.

Fuck Roundabouts. I build American roads.

Caliga

:yes:  Roundabouts are confusing and scary.  America, fuck yeah.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

The Great Capital City of CarHeaven.

On the right side you can see the great Geico Stadium @ AT&T Plaza.

MadImmortalMan

I left C:S running when I went to bed last night. Not deliberately. I got distracted.

Doing my bit for the steam rankings I guess.  :p
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

Tried a city with only blocks of 4-lane roads. It's getting pretty large pretty quick, but is also pretty boring. Also, my industry keeps complaining that they don't have anyone to sell their goods to, even though I have plenty commercial, plus railroad and highway connections. :hmm:

—Stephen Jay Gould