News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Greenland PBEM/Vassal

Started by Habbaku, February 09, 2015, 01:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

We spent two energy to keep both our elders alive...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Slightly jumping the gun, but I will bid 1 Ivory for that fine crossbow.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Still enjoying my New World source of energy, I payed for all my elders.

And I am not partaking in the bid.

Habbaku

Berkut wins the bid (he wins ties, so there is no point in my bidding on it).

During hunting season, the Norse send more colonists to Vinland and keep hunting after the delicious seal pups.  Our Alpha continues the bird egg hunting in the (now cold) south.

Over to Berkut for assignment.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Legbiter

Quote from: Habbaku on February 25, 2015, 11:53:41 AM
Berkut wins the bid (he wins ties, so there is no point in my bidding on it).

During hunting season, the Norse send more colonists to Vinland and keep hunting after the delicious seal pups.

:mmm:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Berkut

OK, so I:

1. Promoted a hunter to War Chief
2. Promoted a hunter to Whaling Chief (although I am not sure what that does - doesn't seem to be any bonuses associated with whaling).
3. Sent 2 hunters to sabine raid Birgitta (Norse)
4. Sent 1 hunter to sabine raid Siala (Tunit) - thinking me and Tamas can make a marriage trade here - but not sure if we are allowed to discuss that right now or not?
5. Sent my alpha to the Cape York Meteorite - this would be automatic, right?
6. Sent everyone else to try to take another Bowhead

0 rows returned

Tamas

I think you skipped my replay :P I still have all my energy. I will correct it though.

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on February 25, 2015, 12:23:34 PM
2. Promoted a hunter to Whaling Chief (although I am not sure what that does - doesn't seem to be any bonuses associated with whaling).

This is where I make a snide comment about doing something without knowing what it does.  Instead, I will note that the Chiefs for all of us prevent feud results on the event cards which otherwise decimate our hunters.

Quote4. Sent 1 hunter to sabine raid Siala (Tunit) - thinking me and Tamas can make a marriage trade here - but not sure if we are allowed to discuss that right now or not?

Marriage trading is during the negotiation step, right after placement of hunters.  If your goal is to raid him if he disagrees with the marriage, then you're doing it right.  But if your goal is to negotiate a marriage, you should send that hunter to hunt something, then just marry him off during negotiations.

Quote5. Sent my alpha to the Cape York Meteorite - this would be automatic, right?

No.  Alpha bonus never applies to metallurgy or raiding.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

I have sent my Alpha to get the Fish Spear, and sent a guarding to my daughter in case negotiations with Berkut would fail. Plus appointed a War Chief, because why not.

Rest of the tribe went on a gamble of trying and score the Greenland Shark as trophy.

I must note that we have been very unlucky with the weather changing effects. We barely started and most of the environment is cold.

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on February 25, 2015, 12:43:01 PMI must note that we have been very unlucky with the weather changing effects. We barely started and most of the environment is cold.

Plus historically the warlike Thule went like a buzzsaw through the Tunit with their superior bows, harpoons, umiaks and bowhead whaling specialization.  :homestar:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Tamas

Quote from: Legbiter on February 25, 2015, 12:53:01 PM
Quote from: Tamas on February 25, 2015, 12:43:01 PMI must note that we have been very unlucky with the weather changing effects. We barely started and most of the environment is cold.

Plus historically the warlike Thule went like a buzzsaw through the Tunit with their superior bows, harpoons, umiaks and bowhead whaling specialization.  :homestar:

I briefly considered using my Ox Sledges(TM) and my superior bows to go and kick one of the guys in the nuts, but I decided against it. They are down already, and its way too early for population-decimation.  :sleep:

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on February 25, 2015, 12:33:57 PM
Quote from: Berkut on February 25, 2015, 12:23:34 PM

This is where I make a snide comment about doing something without knowing what it does.  Instead, I will note that the Chiefs for all of us prevent feud results on the event cards which otherwise decimate our hunters.

I actually knew that, was just wondering if there was some other thing that the "Whaling Chief" does in regards to, you know...whaling. But it sounds like that is just his title.

Quote4. Sent 1 hunter to sabine raid Siala (Tunit) - thinking me and Tamas can make a marriage trade here - but not sure if we are allowed to discuss that right now or not?

Marriage trading is during the negotiation step, right after placement of hunters.  If your goal is to raid him if he disagrees with the marriage, then you're doing it right.  But if your goal is to negotiate a marriage, you should send that hunter to hunt something, then just marry him off during negotiations.

Ahhh, I thought that do so I would need to have him assigned to raid - ie, during negotitation the only hunters eligible for marriage are those assigned to "hunt" their bride. IE, "Hey, can do this the hard way or the easy way..."

So I would have just sent him to hunt normally, but this is fine as well. A little extra incentive to come to a reasonable acccomodation...

That is why I sent two to you - since your hunters were already assigned, I didn't think you could marry any of my daughters, and hence we could not negotiate. But that is not at all the case.

Again, that is fine, lets just leave it as is, we cna have some fun raiding anyway if necessary.

Quote5. Sent my alpha to the Cape York Meteorite - this would be automatic, right?

No.  Alpha bonus never applies to metallurgy or raiding.

Bummer. Let's move him to the whale then, and replace him with 1 hunter from the whale, and 1 hunter from the raid on the Norse, if nobody objects.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

I won't object if you make a file with the changes.  :P

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Roger that.  Negotiation time.

Rather than mangle one-another and potentially lose more hunters on this Thorforsaken rock, I will agree to marry off one of my hunters to Kirima (Berkut's daughter) in exchange for whichever one of my daughters you'd like to marry (Sigrid being a good one for you, since you're mining the meteorite).

Deal?

-J. R. R. Tolkien