Ok, we are now all old farts...but 'fess up

Started by PDH, February 08, 2015, 07:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

How old are you?

I am 1 year from AARP - 49 as of January, 7th.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

At 44, I have come to terms with--and now fully embrace--my Old Guyism:  hating on young people and waiting out the clock.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Just for our interest, 50 year old American males have a life expectancy of 79.5.   :)

Though I'm not sure I trust the website/tables I'm looking at.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

My dad is now 88, and he doesn't look a day over 86.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

mongers

Ok, this maybe a fun/Depressing website:

http://gosset.wharton.upenn.edu/mortality/perl/CalcForm.html

Life Expectancy Results
Life Expectancy: 84.73 years
Lower Quartile: 76.82 years (75% chance you will live longer than this)
Median Lifetime: 86.18 years (50% chance you will live longer than this)
Upper Quartile: 93.73 years (25% chance you will live longer than this)

PDH

-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 08, 2015, 07:59:21 PM
43. Feel like I'm 60. Get off my lawn.
a man is only as old as the woman he feels, so Ed is like 18?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on February 08, 2015, 08:08:03 PM
Just for our interest, 50 year old American males have a life expectancy of 79.5.   :)

Great, so many more years of job applications to look forward to.  Ya-fucking-hoo.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers