News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sex and Business in China

Started by Jacob, February 05, 2015, 01:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Interesting article: http://www.chinafile.com/reporting-opinion/postcard/bro-code (contains a few NSFW pictures).

Quote from: the ArticleI had been doing the rounds of provincial cities as my boss' token foreigner for the whole summer, though, pitching training courses to the dim children of the rich so that they could study at foreign universities, and the routine of hard drinking followed by a group excursion to a brothel was becoming a familiar one. My status as a foreigner was enough to excuse me from the sex itself after only a light barrage of gay jokes from the others, but not from the social obligations around it.

Josquius

Increasingly rare Japanese business outings always lead to large snacks (only the big wigs go to the true hostess clubs).
Seems to be the same thing only with sex being far more acknowledged and common
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on February 05, 2015, 01:33:04 PM
Increasingly rare Japanese business outings always lead to large snacks (only the big wigs go to the truth hostess clubs).
Seems to be the same thing only with sex being far more acknowledged and common

:unsure:

jimmy olsen

Increasingly rare Japanese business outings always lead to large snacks (only the big wigs go to the true hostess clubs).

What?  :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 05, 2015, 02:12:10 PM

Don't you know what "snacks" are? Or are you confused about the concept of "large"?

Do you live under a fucking rock?

jimmy olsen

I thought he was using another bizarre northern British slang/euphemism.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Euphemism for extra large bags of Doritos.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

Quote from: Jacob on February 05, 2015, 02:16:35 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 05, 2015, 02:12:10 PM

Don't you know what "snacks" are? Or are you confused about the concept of "large"?

Do you live under a fucking rock?

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 05, 2015, 02:27:37 PM
Err...no. Snacks are the most common sort of drinking place in Japan. Pay a large cover charge and a (supposedly) attractive girl keeps you company
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on February 06, 2015, 03:08:39 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 05, 2015, 02:27:37 PM
Err...no. Snacks are the most common sort of drinking place in Japan. Pay a large cover charge and a (supposedly) attractive girl keeps you company
Okay, then you were using some bizarre Japanese slang. The end result is the same, the audience doesn't know what the hell you're talking about.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Damn.  Tim is back in Amerika for a few days and he is all feisty and shit.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 06, 2015, 08:09:28 AM
Okay, then you were using some bizarre Japanese slang. The end result is the same, the audience doesn't know what the hell you're talking about.
It's not bizarre Japanese slang. Many of the signs for such places outright say 'snack', articles written about them call them snacks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Host_and_hostess_clubs#Snack_bars
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

In Tim's defense, "large snacks" is not something you hear a lot, as it's sort of a contradiction in terms.  And it does sound like a fun euphemism for something.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on February 06, 2015, 01:10:47 PM
In Tim's defense, "large snacks" is not something you hear a lot, as it's sort of a contradiction in terms.  And it does sound like a fun euphemism for something.

Well apparently it's a type of hostess bar.