News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sex and Business in China

Started by Jacob, February 05, 2015, 01:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on February 06, 2015, 01:10:47 PM
In Tim's defense, "large snacks" is not something you hear a lot, as it's sort of a contradiction in terms.  And it does sound like a fun euphemism for something.

Yes, I mean, I don't know why Jos would expect us all to know this but then I don't really know why Tim is attacking Jos for making an incomprehensible post. That's what Jos does.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

I am so sad I clicked on that wiki link.  A strip club with no stripping?  Basically a club where pretty girls (or boys for the host clubs) are nice to you.  Why not just be friends with some pretty people?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

It's gotta be better than sitting at home with a anime-girl laden body pillow.

Valmy

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 06, 2015, 01:18:04 PM
It's gotta be better than sitting at home with a anime-girl laden body pillow.

Well that's true.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Tonitrus

I am sure Japan has combination cat/hostess bars too.  :P

CountDeMoney

"I got a full jar of Pounce, and it's burning a hole in my pocket, baby."

Josquius

People with experience of Asia would understand. And given the context that was the conversation. There really isn't a good English word for that kind of place.
Anyhoo. How can a thread about Chinese hookers turn into a semantic poo slinging fest? :(
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on February 06, 2015, 01:38:34 PM
People with experience of Asia would understand.

Is it because in their cultures of shame they long for acceptance?  But I don't think Korea is like that, just Japan.

Siege

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 06, 2015, 01:33:37 PM
"I got a full jar of Pounce, and it's burning a hole in my pocket, baby."
What the hell is this?
I don't recognize the quote.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

The Brain

People with experience of Asia would understand. And given the context that was the conversation. There really isn't a good English word for that kind of place.
Anyhoo. How can a thread about Chinese hookers turn into a semantic poo slinging fest? :(

It's the heat of the moment.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on February 06, 2015, 01:16:55 PM
Yes, I mean, I don't know why Jos would expect us all to know this but then I don't really know why Tim is attacking Jos for making an incomprehensible post. That's what Jos does.

Yeah, it's pretty funny :)

Jacob

No, not really. I have plenty of experience in Asia - Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and even Korea. That does not mean I know that "snack" is a term for a particular sub-category of girly/hostess bar in Japan.

This also leaves out the fact that most of the people here - your audience - do not have experience with Asia at all.

For a U/X guy you seem unusually prone to obtuseness.

Valmy

See I thought he meant you would understand the appeal of these clubs, not the reference.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2015, 02:14:29 PM
See I thought he meant you would understand the appeal of these clubs, not the reference.

That's what I thought too.

I definitely understand the appeal of these clubs.