House GOP not waiting until January; War on Science and the EPA begins now

Started by CountDeMoney, November 24, 2014, 07:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Raz, wtf are you still doing at Breitbart's site? The guy's been dead for years.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 15, 2015, 10:05:13 PM
I don't get what's so objectionable about 'elections have consequences'. It was right when Obama said it, it's right now.

That doesn't stop the GOP being batshit on the environment.

Nothing objectionable per se, but objectionable, IMO, in the context of this subject.

I don't mind that elections have consequences, but the idea that suborning the purpose of government and be ok with that because it is your tribe doing it is certainly objectionable.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

To be honest, I had that one in the holster since early November and was just dying to use it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

It's an interesting counter-factual to speculate what would have happen in Obama had made real efforts to schmooze the congressional GOPers.  I can see the arguments both ways on effectiveness.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 15, 2015, 11:57:22 PM
Raz, wtf are you still doing at Breitbart's site? The guy's been dead for years.

Sometimes I want to get a feel for the pulse of what real conservatives want.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on January 16, 2015, 05:51:22 PM

They want the same thing you do, to make the opposition look as ridiculous as possible.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on January 16, 2015, 05:56:52 PM
If you really want some laughs go read comments on The Blaze :lol:

I read infowars and listen to coast to coast AM.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 16, 2015, 05:57:34 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 16, 2015, 05:51:22 PM

They want the same thing you do, to make the opposition look as ridiculous as possible.

That's not what they say.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017