House GOP not waiting until January; War on Science and the EPA begins now

Started by CountDeMoney, November 24, 2014, 07:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on January 15, 2015, 01:44:26 PMI always vote.  But Congress has not been functional in years.  My faith in them is not being helped by continuing to add a bunch of amateurish ideologues.
:hug:

QuoteSorry if that makes me an ignorant asshole of some sort  :P

What you said made you sound like one, but your actions proves otherwise :)

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2015, 11:59:05 AM
:D

Anyway, Berkut-- that was an Obama quote from 2009 when he was lecturing GOP lawmakers.  I like to throw it back occasionally as a semi-troll.

Then why do all those guys at that Breitbart site say the same thing?  Who the hell are they trolling?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on January 15, 2015, 02:59:10 PM
Then why do all those guys at that Breitbart site say the same thing?  Who the hell are they trolling?

The liberals?

Just because liberals don't read Breitbart first-hand doesn't mean the Breitbart people can't troll-gloat from a distance.

Siege

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 24, 2014, 07:31:12 PM
It seems to be a strategy of all governments to deal with the inconvenient truths of science.

What inconvenient truths?
Climate change is tool of progressives and communists against free market capitalism and liberty, designed to grow gubmint at our expense.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on January 15, 2015, 03:26:59 PM
It seems to be a strategy of all governments to deal with the inconvenient truths of science.

Climate change is tool of progressives and communists against free market capitalism and liberty, designed to grow gubmint at our expense.

That makes no sense.  Free Market Capitalism can easily make emission free products.  And we will, shortly.  It is the Communists who turn everything into a smog filled shithole.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Anyway, Berkut-- that was an Obama quote from 2009 when he was lecturing GOP lawmakers.  I like to throw it back occasionally as a semi-troll.

You seem to go there more often than I do, so I guess they're trolling you.  Got a link, btw?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

You are a tool designed to grow government expense.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2015, 03:32:10 PM

You know where there website is.
You seem to go there more often than I do, so I guess they're trolling you.  Got a link, btw?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on January 15, 2015, 03:28:24 PM

That makes no sense.  Free Market Capitalism can easily make emission free products.  And we will, shortly.  It is the Communists who turn everything into a smog filled shithole.

I believe that conspiracy theory has been the undercurrent to a great deal of climate denialism.

frunk

Quote from: Razgovory on January 15, 2015, 04:33:06 PM
I believe that conspiracy theory has been the undercurrent to a great deal of climate denialism.

I'm impressed that the conspiracy has the resources to melt glaciers, melt polar ice and set global temperature records year after year.  Anybody with the resources to fake environmental change on this scale probably doesn't need the government spending more money.

Berkut

I've always wondered what the purpose of all these people making up data about climate change might be...I can certainly understand the motive of the deniers - they don't want anyone interfering with businesses need to make the 1% more money.

But they don't seem to even bother trying to come up with a credible motive for the world-wide conspiracy to manufacture this crisis. Which is why I don't even really believe that the deniers actually believe what they are saying - it is too stupid to be believed.

Rather, I think they mostly just don't care.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: frunk on January 15, 2015, 04:43:26 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 15, 2015, 04:33:06 PM

I'm impressed that the conspiracy has the resources to melt glaciers, melt polar ice and set global temperature records year after year.  Anybody with the resources to fake environmental change on this scale probably doesn't need the government spending more money.

That's nothing.  They got black man elected President of the United States.

Sheilbh

I don't get what's so objectionable about 'elections have consequences'. It was right when Obama said it, it's right now.

That doesn't stop the GOP being batshit on the environment.
Let's bomb Russia!