House GOP not waiting until January; War on Science and the EPA begins now

Started by CountDeMoney, November 24, 2014, 07:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on January 14, 2015, 07:42:54 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 14, 2015, 05:21:42 PM
Elections have consequences.

Not really.  Same shit, different assholes.

I think there was a big difference between Bloomberg and de Blasio.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 14, 2015, 07:29:27 PM
Most of that stuff is bullshit, but I am surprised that Fast and Furious didn't become a bigger scandal.

They wanted something to tie the President.  Bring down a regional director of the ATF isn't good enough.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on January 14, 2015, 09:01:04 PM

That makes you sound like an ignorant asshole.

Whoa, Jake just turned heel. You join the four horsemen?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 14, 2015, 09:04:44 PM

Nah, Jacob's an idealist.  He came down on Valmy because what Valmy posted was quite cynical.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 14, 2015, 09:04:44 PM

Well V did just mimic the reasoning that leads the young apathetic voter not to vote.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

I personally advocate political violence.  Corruption has rendered the process of voting irrelevant, so why not return to pre-democratic methods?  Terrorist methods wouldn't be terrorism if you were targeting politicians.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on January 14, 2015, 09:20:30 PM
Terrorist methods wouldn't be terrorism if you were targeting politicians.

I don't think anyone would buy that - as in no one's reaction would be "oh well he just plans to target politicians, duh."

Neil

Quote from: garbon on January 14, 2015, 09:22:38 PM
Terrorist methods wouldn't be terrorism if you were targeting politicians.
I don't think anyone would buy that - as in no one's reaction would be "oh well he just plans to target politicians, duh."
Maybe.  I'm just saying that if a guy were to throw a bomb into a car carrying a Congressman or something, I wouldn't call it terrorism.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I personally advocate political violence.  Corruption has rendered the process of voting irrelevant, so why not return to pre-democratic methods?  Terrorist methods wouldn't be terrorism if you were targeting politicians.

Nah.  Wait for the other guy to draw first then land on them with both feet.  It worked in the 1860's.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on January 14, 2015, 09:46:29 PM

Nah.  Wait for the other guy to draw first then land on them with both feet.  It worked in the 1860's.
That doesn't really apply in this situation though.  It's not like either party is really planning on doing anything good or useful.  They all want to just rob and steal.  Obviously, the Republicans are more socially damaging, but assassinating a Democrat would be almost as good.

garbon

I don't really see how it would help / it would just send lots of ordinary citizens into panic mode.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on January 14, 2015, 09:49:48 PM

That doesn't really apply in this situation though.  It's not like either party is really planning on doing anything good or useful.  They all want to just rob and steal.  Obviously, the Republicans are more socially damaging, but assassinating a Democrat would be almost as good.

The side that is causing the most damage is the one most likely to start shit.  Nearly beating Charles Sumner to death on the Senate Floor did not change things.  The South starting a civil war did.

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on January 14, 2015, 10:02:12 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 14, 2015, 09:49:48 PM

The side that is causing the most damage is the one most likely to start shit.  Nearly beating Charles Sumner to death on the Senate Floor did not change things.  The South starting a civil war did.
You can't start a civil war now though.  It's not like the party trying to disband government will just secede from the Union or anything.  After all, they're just as drunk of their power and privilege as the other guys.