GM Takes Fight To Tesla With $30k, 200-Mile Bolt in 2017

Started by jimmy olsen, January 13, 2015, 11:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: dps on January 14, 2015, 09:40:03 PM

No, you've got it backwards.  They won't get into the Accord, because if a guy's driving one, it says, "Unhappily married, but too wimpy to actually ever leave his wife for you".

I drive an Accord  :bowler:

Caliga

No, you've got it backwards.  They won't get into the Accord, because if a guy's driving one, it says, "Unhappily married, but too wimpy to actually ever leave his wife for you".
:Embarrass:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

alfred russel

Quote from: Monoriu on January 14, 2015, 07:40:28 PM
This thread reminds me of an experiment.  Somebody borrowed a Lamborghini, and asked young women who were complete strangers and appeared to be single to get on the car in Hong Kong.  7 out of 8 attempts were successful, and some of the women even agreed to go to the male driver's home.

When he repeated the same experiment with a Toyota, the success rate became 0 out of 8. 

That's why guys want good looking cars, I guess.

I think this should be conducted with a larger sample size, and be part of the standard car ratings required by the government. It could go on the sticker with the MPG. "Success Rating" as a percent chance of picking up young women for an average looking guy.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2015, 09:52:35 PM

Child seat and sippy cups in the back are a real downer, too.

Bullshit.  Nothing says "I'm a real man" like driving a Rav4 around town with three child seats, complete with sippy cups and crushed crackers on the floor.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on January 14, 2015, 05:23:21 PM
There hasn't been a Daimler-Chrysler since 2007.  Chrysler is owned by Fiat since 2009.
Doesn't matter, the trucks are the same shit they were, can't pull anything more than a car trailer with that.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2015, 07:19:54 PM
They try, they really do.

I wanted to like the Camaro redesign when it was reintroduced a couple years ago;  it's mean, it's got heft.  But yet, it can't help but scream woo-doggies white trash.  Same goes for the Dodge Challenger.  Yeah, I went there, Ed.  It's a Cootermobile.

Only the Ford Mustang manages to avoid it, and even that depends on the package.
I didn't like the new Camaro at first, but then I started watching Hawaii 5-0 and it hit me how great this car is ;)

Seriously, it just grew on me over time, but I think look-wise, the Mustang is better.  Don't think I'll ever buy a Ford though.  Anyway, it's not like there's a dealer near where I live anymore, so I'm not repeating the same mistake twice.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.