Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

I watched too many ZZ Top videos :cry:

Indistinguishable, amiright?

garbon

Quote from: Brazen on January 14, 2015, 09:26:21 AM
Indistinguishable, amiright?

Sadly no.

The different concepts looked kinda fun. Though in retrospect I like them less than I did as a young teen in '98/'99. :blush:

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Brazen on January 14, 2015, 09:26:21 AM
I watched too many ZZ Top videos :cry:

Unscrew the hood (bonnet  :secret:) and you can pretend you're in American Graffiti.

KRonn

Quote from: Brazen on January 14, 2015, 08:24:50 AM
It's a full foot taller than British cars so I never lose it in car parks, plus it has American luxuries like more more cup holders than passengers, cruise control and heated seats. Unfortunately it also boasts the turning circle of an aircraft carrier rendering it entirely unsuitable to British multi-storey car parks  :P

Lol on the turning radius comment, but a pretty cool car and retro looks like you say.   :)

viper37

Quote from: Neil on January 13, 2015, 11:12:06 PM
Except it's GM, so it'll probably be garbage, and dangerous to the driver.
they make better cars than the Germans and better trucks than Wannabe Germans of Daimler-Chrysler.
Next car will be a Cadillac.  I'm done with outdated tech at inflated price.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2015, 08:13:56 AM
Quote from: Brazen on January 14, 2015, 06:53:09 AMI own a PT Cruiser which I adore and I bought because it looks so 50s American  :lol:

I've heard a couple people say precisely the same thing about Minis, they look 50s British. :D

Unfortunately, most Mini drivers here are unconscionable assholes.  Lots of Martinus types.

Hey!

I have a Jaguar.  :bowler:

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on January 14, 2015, 04:28:46 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 13, 2015, 11:12:06 PM
Except it's GM, so it'll probably be garbage, and dangerous to the driver.
they make better cars than the Germans and better trucks than Wannabe Germans of Daimler-Chrysler.
Next car will be a Cadillac.  I'm done with outdated tech at inflated price.

There hasn't been a Daimler-Chrysler since 2007.  Chrysler is owned by Fiat since 2009.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Quote from: Brazen on January 14, 2015, 06:51:06 AM
Under some government policy, most public car parks have spaces put aside for electric vehicles to park and charge for free. I've only ever seen one used.

My company decided to do the same in the parking lot, with free electricity. The parking lot is now full of nissan leafs.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on January 14, 2015, 06:59:17 PM
Quote from: Brazen on January 14, 2015, 06:51:06 AM
Under some government policy, most public car parks have spaces put aside for electric vehicles to park and charge for free. I've only ever seen one used.

My company decided to do the same in the parking lot, with free electricity. The parking lot is now full of nissan leafs.

:cool:

Progress.

edit:

Both of those GMs are butt ugly cars.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Quote from: garbon on January 14, 2015, 09:10:04 AM
Quote from: Brazen on January 14, 2015, 06:53:09 AM

I own a PT Cruiser which I adore and I bought because it looks so 50s American  :lol:

Well that was supposed to be the appeal but then they failed in final execution. :(

The Chevy HHR is actually a lot more 50s looking than the PT Cruiser, but not in a good way, unfortunately.

The last 35 or so years, whenever GM takes a risk styling-wise, it ends badly.   OTOH, when they play it safe, the results end up "meh" at best.  Nothing in their current lineup really appeals to me as far as styling goes.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on January 14, 2015, 07:11:12 PM
Nothing in their current lineup really appeals to me as far as styling goes.

They try, they really do.

I wanted to like the Camaro redesign when it was reintroduced a couple years ago;  it's mean, it's got heft.  But yet, it can't help but scream woo-doggies white trash.  Same goes for the Dodge Challenger.  Yeah, I went there, Ed.  It's a Cootermobile.

Only the Ford Mustang manages to avoid it, and even that depends on the package.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2015, 07:19:54 PM

I wanted to like the Camaro redesign when it was reintroduced a couple years ago;  it's mean, it's got heft.  But yet, it can't help but scream woo-doggies white trash.  Same goes for the Dodge Challenger.  Yeah, I went there, Ed.  It's a Cootermobile.

Only the Ford Mustang manages to avoid it, and even that depends on the package.

Ford seems to dimly remember that pony cars are supposed to be relatively small but pack powerful engines.  GM has completely forgotten that, and I'm not sure Chrysler ever understood the concept in the first place.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2015, 07:19:54 PM

HEY NOW
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Monoriu

This thread reminds me of an experiment.  Somebody borrowed a Lamborghini, and asked young women who were complete strangers and appeared to be single to get on the car in Hong Kong.  7 out of 8 attempts were successful, and some of the women even agreed to go to the male driver's home.

When he repeated the same experiment with a Toyota, the success rate became 0 out of 8. 

That's why guys want good looking cars, I guess.