The Shaving Poll

Started by Caliga, January 12, 2015, 08:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you shave?

straight razor
1 (1.7%)
disposable safety razor
14 (24.1%)
refillable cartridge razor (e.g. Gillette Fusion)
36 (62.1%)
electric rotary shaver
12 (20.7%)
electric foil shaver
4 (6.9%)
beard trimmer
14 (24.1%)
I don't shave because I'm a chick
3 (5.2%)
I don't shave because I'm a weirdo/lumberjack/kid/caveman
4 (6.9%)
obligatory Jaron option
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on January 13, 2015, 02:09:27 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 13, 2015, 02:03:15 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 13, 2015, 01:55:40 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 13, 2015, 01:54:18 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 13, 2015, 01:50:39 PM
Quote from: Jacob on January 13, 2015, 01:45:17 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 13, 2015, 01:44:00 PM
Some tastes are objectively wrong. <_<

... by what objective standard?

It's a known scientific fact that safety razors are the preferred razor of hipsters that still bother to shave.  Not as obvious as straight razors, so they're just ironic enough.

hipsters need to cut their throats with that safety razor.

That's not very nice.

You're not a hipster.  :huh:

Doesn't change what I said.

Also, someone called me one recently which I found a bit odd but oh well.

Hipsters to me are;

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Well I do have facial hair and have been known to wear converse, boots, jeans and plaid. I also drink water out of mason jars. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Do you also have a fur bra?

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 13, 2015, 02:20:21 PM
Do you also have a fur bra?

No - but then I am also not a furry beast. :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Zanza

Never really got the hipster hate. They seem mostly harmless.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on January 13, 2015, 02:40:08 PM
Never really got the hipster hate. They seem mostly harmless.

I mostly find them annoying when they corner you when you are out at night and/or corner you at a friend's part and you have to be polite. :(

That and I can see how they could also be an issue for some as they were one of the waves of gentrification.

CountDeMoney

Poor hipsters up here in God's Country can't find a Starbucks to camp out in for hours with their Apple products, so they use the Panera Bread.  Poor bastards.

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on January 13, 2015, 02:05:47 PM
What's your beef with single malt, anyhow?
Nothing in particular, apart from what I said.  It strikes me as something like gold:  it's perceived as valuable only because it's perceived as valuable.  I think that if you give someone not familiar with the single malt hype a choice of a good blended whiskey or a good single malt whiskey, they would consider single malt a foul brew.

CountDeMoney

Jet fuel and single malt jet fuel still tastes like jet fuel.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on January 13, 2015, 03:20:55 PM
Quote from: Jacob on January 13, 2015, 02:05:47 PM
What's your beef with single malt, anyhow?
Nothing in particular, apart from what I said.  It strikes me as something like gold:  it's perceived as valuable only because it's perceived as valuable.  I think that if you give someone not familiar with the single malt hype a choice of a good blended whiskey or a good single malt whiskey, they would consider single malt a foul brew.

You are a dangerously insane human being.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

I disliked hipsters before it was trendy to do so.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Garbon is an hipster, atleast he would be if he wasn't gay.

You can't be gay & an hipster.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 13, 2015, 03:35:12 PM
Garbon is an hipster, atleast he would be if he wasn't gay.

You can't be gay & an hipster.

:wacko:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

It's like douchebag, it's a straight male label.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.