The Shaving Poll

Started by Caliga, January 12, 2015, 08:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you shave?

straight razor
1 (1.7%)
disposable safety razor
14 (24.1%)
refillable cartridge razor (e.g. Gillette Fusion)
36 (62.1%)
electric rotary shaver
12 (20.7%)
electric foil shaver
4 (6.9%)
beard trimmer
14 (24.1%)
I don't shave because I'm a chick
3 (5.2%)
I don't shave because I'm a weirdo/lumberjack/kid/caveman
4 (6.9%)
obligatory Jaron option
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Syt

I run my hair cutter over it once or twice a week and use a trimmer for my chin. Occasionally I use a cartridge razor, like the aforementioned Fusion.

My beard growth is not very strong, so after a week of not shaving I look like some people do after 12 hours.

I wish I could grow a proper beard. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Warspite

Use a double-edged safety razor - a medium-weight Merkur with Gillette 7 O'Clock blades. Bought over a year's supply for £9. To lather up I use a brush and shaving soap.

I have very coarse and dark facial hair.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

I shave with a disposable razor and then use a beard trimmer for my goatee.

garbon

No 'manly' straight razor users? :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

My dad shaves with a safety razor, he tried to get me to use that when I was a teen and started shaving, but I didn't see the point of it.

DGuller

Quote from: celedhring on January 13, 2015, 12:06:48 PM
My dad shaves with a safety razor, he tried to get me to use that when I was a teen and started shaving, but I didn't see the point of it.
It's like single malt:  an objectively inferior alternative that is an acquired taste for the sake of being an acquired taste.

Ideologue

I just shave my beard down to a 1 guard or whatever it is whenever I shave my head.  I do use a disposable safety razor for my neck.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jacob

Quote from: DGuller on January 13, 2015, 01:25:05 PM
It's like single malt:  an objectively inferior alternative that is an acquired taste for the sake of being an acquired taste.

There is no "objectively" in matters of taste.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on January 13, 2015, 01:41:19 PM
Quote from: DGuller on January 13, 2015, 01:25:05 PM

There is no "objectively" in matters of taste.

Some tastes are objectively wrong. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on January 13, 2015, 01:44:00 PM

... by what objective standard?

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on January 13, 2015, 01:45:17 PM

The one held by all people with a shred of common decency.

CountDeMoney

It's a known scientific fact that safety razors are the preferred razor of hipsters that still bother to shave.  Not as obvious as straight razors, so they're just ironic enough.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 13, 2015, 01:50:39 PM

It's a known scientific fact that safety razors are the preferred razor of hipsters that still bother to shave.  Not as obvious as straight razors, so they're just ironic enough.

I wasn't talking about that. I use disposable razors for the bits that I shave. :)