Main Menu

11 dead in French satirical magazine shooting

Started by Brazen, January 07, 2015, 06:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on January 13, 2015, 02:21:23 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 13, 2015, 01:19:34 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 13, 2015, 11:57:59 AM
The most disturbing thing in this thread is Grumbler's aversion to ketchup on hot dogs. The ramifications of this is monstrous and disturbing. That's like nachos with no cheese. Spaghetti with no noodles. Or combination pizza with no cheese where all the delicious toppings just roll around in the box.

Ketchup - or at least the over-sweetened Heinz variety that you get everywhere, is an abomination and has no place on food for grownups.
See, this is the Canadian spirit.  People know their food in this country.  Before BB, I had lost hope on my Canadian brothers (&sisters), but it seems not everyone's greatest culinar experience in this country involved Tim Hortons. :)

You know, the idea of a tomato-based condiment is a good one.  I could even see putting it on a hotdog.

But the trouble is with the modern formulations of ketchup on the market.  All I can taste is sweet.  You might as well be putting syrup on your food as use ketchup.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on January 13, 2015, 03:00:55 PM
Quote from: viper37 on January 13, 2015, 02:21:23 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 13, 2015, 01:19:34 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 13, 2015, 11:57:59 AM
The most disturbing thing in this thread is Grumbler's aversion to ketchup on hot dogs. The ramifications of this is monstrous and disturbing. That's like nachos with no cheese. Spaghetti with no noodles. Or combination pizza with no cheese where all the delicious toppings just roll around in the box.

Ketchup - or at least the over-sweetened Heinz variety that you get everywhere, is an abomination and has no place on food for grownups.
See, this is the Canadian spirit.  People know their food in this country.  Before BB, I had lost hope on my Canadian brothers (&sisters), but it seems not everyone's greatest culinar experience in this country involved Tim Hortons. :)

You know, the idea of a tomato-based condiment is a good one.  I could even see putting it on a hotdog.

But the trouble is with the modern formulations of ketchup on the market.  All I can taste is sweet.  You might as well be putting syrup on your food as use ketchup.

Yeah I just made some 'pizza sauce' and the sweetest thing that went into it was a small onion, oh and I guess a pinch of basil might be considered 'sweet' by some.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 13, 2015, 01:47:00 PM
This business about ketchup on hot dogs is a affront to the memory of the deceased journalists, to all of France, and indeed to civilization. 

The only condiment that properly belongs on a hot dog is whole grain mustard, either from Dijon or Meaux (Pommery).  If proper brands of whole grain are unavailable due to the deplorable state of culinary understanding in your local area, than a proper brand of smooth but spicy mustard (such as that served at Papaya King) is a barely acceptable substitute.

The placement of ketchup, catsup, or any red colored saucy like substance on a hot dog is an abomination even worse than referring to sparking wine produced outside of Champagne, as "champagne" and likewise is a mark of irremediable barbarity and uncouthness.

When terrorists attacks Kraft 'Foods' inc HQ, I guess we'll know who was behind it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on January 13, 2015, 02:39:41 PM
By the way, the US government also got grilled by Jon Stewart for not attending. I guess it's the first time ever he and Fox News agreed on something. :D

I'm pretty sure the French will get over it, and that the non-stop intelligence sharing and cooperation that has been going on behind the scenes since the day of the attack is appreciated more.

crazy canuck

I would never put ketchup on any food (except hotdogs)  but I defend the right of others to make that mistake.  However the line is crossed by eating hotdogs without ketchup.  It is not only an affront to good taste, it is an assault on our very way of life.  JR and his followers have just declared war on the West.  We must root them out by all means possible.

11B4V

Quote from: viper37 on January 13, 2015, 02:59:24 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 13, 2015, 02:20:23 PM
You don't have to eat it, if you don't want to. :huh:
McDonald's gives free keptchup with fries but charges 0,50$ for BBQ sauce :mad:
Someone must stop this insanity!

;)

I always liked their buffalo and hot mustard sauce with their chicken compost nuggets.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Liep

If you order a "dead indian in a canoe with blood, shit and vomit" it'll get you the common Danish serving of a hotdog which includes ketchup, mustard, roasted onions and pickled cucumber.

Eat it with a "Congolese beer" (ie. cocoa).

Might be racist, but it's good.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

I always thought that you were a bunch of godless heretics for thinking that Heinz is too sweet but ever since I've stopped drinking Coca-cola and Pepsi, I've started to see(taste) what you guys are talking about.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Don't order Negro Sweat in Sweden. People will know what you mean but it is a socially unacceptable choice of words.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 13, 2015, 03:32:19 PM
I always thought that you were a bunch of godless heretics for thinking that Heinz is too sweet but ever since I've stopped drinking Coca-cola and Pepsi, I've started to see(taste) what you guys are talking about.

My intake of those types of drinks are near zero. Very bad for ya.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Grey Fox

It took 4 years but I went from a 6-pack a day to 0.

Barrister

:yes:

Now let me tell you about Edmund Burke...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on January 13, 2015, 03:34:43 PM

My intake of those types of drinks are near zero.

Same.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.