And we're back!

Main Menu

11 dead in French satirical magazine shooting

Started by Brazen, January 07, 2015, 06:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on January 13, 2015, 03:43:52 PM
Coke Zero. :yuk:

I think it is the best diet soda to approximate the full figured one. But no, I generally don't drink that either.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: mongers on January 13, 2015, 03:14:10 PM
When terrorists attacks Kraft 'Foods' inc HQ, I guess we'll know who was behind it.

Nonsense. I firmly oppose the use of violence in this context.  Icy disdain accompanied by commanding hauteur is the proper weapon of choice.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 13, 2015, 03:15:52 PM
I would never put ketchup on any food (except hotdogs)  but I defend the right of others to make that mistake.  However the line is crossed by eating hotdogs without ketchup.  It is not only an affront to good taste, it is an assault on our very way of life.  JR and his followers have just declared war on the West.  We must root them out by all means possible.

And you, sir, have proven yourself the fellow traveler, the enabler, the veritable useful idiot of the ketchup slathering conspiracy.  For you have just enough wisdom to recognize the error, and yet then proceed to lead into innermost sanctums of good taste your catsuppy sausages, like a Trojan Horse filled with rancid red condiment, ready to be sprung on unsuspecting innocents.

Better dead than red.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 13, 2015, 05:59:02 PM
When terrorists attacks Kraft 'Foods' inc HQ, I guess we'll know who was behind it.

Nonsense. I firmly oppose the use of violence in this context.  Icy disdain accompanied by commanding hauteur is the proper weapon of choice.

That probably would have been better tool in the charlie incident.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on January 13, 2015, 06:10:34 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 13, 2015, 05:59:02 PM

That probably would have been better tool in the charlie incident.

Maybe though I've not seen french-speakers to respond well when given a dose of their own medicine.

The Minsky Moment

--Joan Robinson

garbon

Admiral Yi

On CNN the chair of the House Intel Committee said "it is his understanding" that one of the Hebdo shooters was in Yemen, where he was a roommate of the underwear bomber, the US informed France of this, who then kept him under surveillance for 4 years, and just lifted the surveillance 6 months ago because of lack of activity on his part.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

That is GangstaKitty every night. Seedy is the dog.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: 11B4V on January 13, 2015, 11:57:59 AM
The most disturbing thing in this thread is Grumbler's aversion to ketchup on hot dogs. The ramifications of this is monstrous and disturbing. That's like nachos with no cheese. Spaghetti with no noodles. Or combination pizza with no cheese where all the delicious toppings just roll around in the box.
I'm not a fan of ketchup on anything. I prefer Mustard, Mayonnaise or French Dressing as my condiments of choice.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 13, 2015, 09:20:19 PM
I prefer Mustard, Mayonnaise or French Dressing as my condiments of choice.

Not salsa?  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on January 13, 2015, 06:11:35 PM
Maybe though I've not seen french-speakers to respond well when given a dose of their own medicine.

Well, if they are martyred by a cartoonist they accomplish their goal.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Tamas' picture is at least better than this front page, which looks like the end of the world's worst romcom:
Let's bomb Russia!