And we're back!

Main Menu

Australia's Prostitution Boom

Started by Jacob, January 02, 2015, 04:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Ideologue on January 02, 2015, 07:33:29 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 02, 2015, 07:24:58 PM
You know Ide, there are other countries in the world that actually try to carry out your proscribed policies. :mellow:

Yeah? Which one?

What policies have you proscribed? Funding for liberal arts education?

Admiral Yi

Yeah? Which one?

North Korea comes to mind.  Not a lot of private property there.  I think Cuba is pretty good on that front too.  Vietnam?  All the land is technically owned by the state in China.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on January 02, 2015, 07:34:34 PM
What policies have you proscribed? Funding for liberal arts education?

Me?  I'm talking about Ide's nationalization program.

S/B prescribed instead of proscribed.

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 02, 2015, 07:35:29 PM
Yeah? Which one?

North Korea comes to mind.  Not a lot of private property there.  I think Cuba is pretty good on that front too.  Vietnam?  All the land is technically owned by the state in China.

I'm sorry, my policy is to wait until capitalism has developed the technological and industrial and educational base of a country to a point when communism can actually function. Hell, we may not be entirely ready yet, but it's time to start talking about the day when it's our country's only hope, and start readying the economy and society for the transition to a highly-controlled system.

North Korea. Get real.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I'm wearing a brown shirt just for you Ide.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

They wore brown shirts in the RKKA.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Ideologue

Wings Over the World won't dictate what color your shirt is, Heinrich.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

I will tell you what an Antioch student told me in 1993:

You'll be first against the wall.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on January 02, 2015, 04:27:31 PM
Quote from: Jacob on January 02, 2015, 04:09:24 PM
It's Slate, but hey, maybe you'll read it anyways: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/roads/2015/01/australia_s_brothel_boom_as_the_country_s_mining_industry_expands_so_does.html

Is mostly just a puff piece about a specific brothel in Darwin, with interviews with a few of the prostitutes and the madam.  Not a single interviewee that was unconnected to the brothel.  Of course they're positive about it.

Until the end, which finishes on a downer

"Langtrees is good—we see a lot of success but we also see a lot of failure," she acknowledges. "I lost a really good friend to suicide. It all was too much for her. She hung herself in a Perth Park."

Then Sue stops. She adds: "Today a 36-year-old woman came in to ask about work. Even though she was 36, we still sent her away to think about it. We always send them away. It's very important. Because, you know, each time they are sleeping with someone, they are selling part of their soul."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 02, 2015, 09:33:43 PM
It's Slate, but hey, maybe you'll read it anyways: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/roads/2015/01/australia_s_brothel_boom_as_the_country_s_mining_industry_expands_so_does.html

Is mostly just a puff piece about a specific brothel in Darwin, with interviews with a few of the prostitutes and the madam.  Not a single interviewee that was unconnected to the brothel.  Of course they're positive about it.

"Langtrees is good—we see a lot of success but we also see a lot of failure," she acknowledges. "I lost a really good friend to suicide. It all was too much for her. She hung herself in a Perth Park."

Then Sue stops. She adds: "Today a 36-year-old woman came in to ask about work. Even though she was 36, we still sent her away to think about it. We always send them away. It's very important. Because, you know, each time they are sleeping with someone, they are selling part of their soul."

You know who belongs in a brothel?  A woman who thinks sleeping with someone for money is selling part of her soul.  This one's 4F, folks.  Send her back to the bomber factory.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

HVC

Quote from: Ideologue on January 02, 2015, 09:52:46 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 02, 2015, 09:33:43 PM

“Langtrees is good—we see a lot of success but we also see a lot of failure,” she acknowledges. “I lost a really good friend to suicide. It all was too much for her. She hung herself in a Perth Park.”

Then Sue stops. She adds: “Today a 36-year-old woman came in to ask about work. Even though she was 36, we still sent her away to think about it. We always send them away. It’s very important. Because, you know, each time they are sleeping with someone, they are selling part of their soul.”

You know who belongs in a brothel?  A woman who thinks sleeping with someone for money is selling part of her soul.  This one's 4F, folks.  Send her back to the bomber factory.
you grimace every time a fat girl even looks in your direction. I can't imagine your reaction if you had to sleep with her to pay your rent.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 02, 2015, 07:35:29 PM
Yeah? Which one?

I think that's true of Belgium as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017