Main Menu

Australia's Prostitution Boom

Started by Jacob, January 02, 2015, 04:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on January 02, 2015, 04:09:24 PM
It's Slate, but hey, maybe you'll read it anyways: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/roads/2015/01/australia_s_brothel_boom_as_the_country_s_mining_industry_expands_so_does.html

Is mostly just a puff piece about a specific brothel in Darwin, with interviews with a few of the prostitutes and the madam.  Not a single interviewee that was unconnected to the brothel.  Of course they're positive about it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on January 02, 2015, 04:51:37 PM
What did the customers say?

Didn't interview any customers.  One is quoted as being overheard greeting a prostitute with:

QuoteLater, two men in their early 20s—both good-looking, one with a mane of trendy dreadlocks—are introduced to a gaggle of women. "What's your name, sorry?" Mr. Dreadlock asks politely. "Nice to meet you, I'm Christian."
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on January 02, 2015, 04:27:31 PM
Is mostly just a puff piece about a specific brothel in Darwin, with interviews with a few of the prostitutes and the madam.  Not a single interviewee that was unconnected to the brothel.  Of course they're positive about it.

Yeah mostly a puff piece; no profound insight into the state of prostitution, I don't think. For me the interesting bits were the status of prostitution in Australia (which I knew nothing about), and the fact that there's at least one national chain of upscale brothels.

Ideologue

Oh man. Theyre really close to SE Asia too... If you nees me, I'll be in Brisbane.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jacob

Quote from: Ideologue on January 02, 2015, 05:34:45 PM
Oh man. Theyre really close to SE Asia too... If you nees me, I'll be in Brisbane.

I'd consider looking for work in the mining business rather than selling your body.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on January 02, 2015, 06:24:34 PM
Hurtful! :o

Ide's Australia Diary:

Day 1: Hey, they have such interesting animals here...OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT THING?
Day 2: Ide dies
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 02, 2015, 06:27:55 PM
Ide's Australia Diary:

Day 1: Hey, they have such interesting animals here...OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT THING?
Day 2: Ide dies

That's no bullshit.  They have some fucked up shit down under with more than two legs that can kill you quick.  It ain't all boxing kangaroos, man.