The Ethno-Zionist-Revisionism-Old Testament-Bashing Megathread

Started by Syt, December 29, 2014, 06:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on December 30, 2014, 04:10:00 PM
I won't. I am holding out for that death bed conversion. :pope:
I might start going to some Anglo-Catholic churches. Mainly because they're the gayest places in London :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2014, 04:30:20 PM
I am holding out for that death bed conversion. :pope:

Disbarment?

Besides, I'm a M&A lawyer. This should be the least sinful, as I am just representing one company against another in negotiations - imho, labour, antitrust, regulatory or litigation lawyers are capable of much more evil. ;)

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 30, 2014, 04:46:13 PM
I won't. I am holding out for that death bed conversion. :pope:
I might start going to some Anglo-Catholic churches. Mainly because they're the gayest places in London :lol:

Look out for those with Polish priests, though. :P

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on December 30, 2014, 05:16:58 PM
Look out for those with Polish priests, though. :P
Anglo-Catholic is very high Church of England - all smells and bells. They make Pope Benedict look like a dour Quaker.

In terms of London's Catholic Churches Poles are pretty moderate compared to Nigerian preaching :lol:

Edit: Also Anglo-Catholic parishes tend to have very gay vicars to go with their very gay congregations. Historically they used to be fiercely opposed to women priests, now they're rather more laid back about everything.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on December 30, 2014, 05:16:28 PM
Besides, I'm a M&A lawyer. This should be the least sinful, as I am just representing one company against another in negotiations - imho, labour, antitrust, regulatory or litigation lawyers are capable of much more evil. ;)

You gotta be shitting me. 

Your "negotiations" are lives and careers destroyed for profit.  Oh yeah, you're burning in hell.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2014, 05:27:41 PM
Quote from: Martinus on December 30, 2014, 05:16:28 PM

You gotta be shitting me. 

Your "negotiations" are lives and careers destroyed for profit.  Oh yeah, you're burning in hell.

I just help one bunch of crooks not to be swindled by another. I don't participate in whatever they do to a company once they buy it. ;)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on December 30, 2014, 05:52:27 PM
I just help one bunch of crooks not to be swindled by another. I don't participate in whatever they do to a company once they buy it. ;)

Yeah...Nazi collaborators sorta thought that way, too.

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 30, 2014, 04:07:35 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 30, 2014, 02:56:15 PM
But that doesn't strike me as the most likely explanation for the historical fact of the existence of the bible around the time it was written, and the rise of the largest religious movement in human history.

The Bible wasnt aorund at the time "it was written".  The Bible as we now know it was put together from selected pieces written over a long period of time and which were selected even later to be included in the book we now call the Bible.  Also, even amongst the books that were selected it is difficult for us to know with any certainty whether the version and translations we now have are accurate although scholars like Erhman have done their best to try to piece together what may be the most accurate versions by trying to filture out all the forgeries and poor translations which occurred over time.

What is more interesting imo are the pieces that didnt make the cut and were either discarded and lost to time or destroyed.  We probably will never fully know what was written at the time.  Only what made it through the political and religious battles that separate us from the time of the original writings.

As to what made Christianity "the largest religious movement in history", that has a lot more to do with becoming the official religion of the Roman Empire and then by default the religion of the West after the Roman Empire failed.   At the start Christianity was just another mystery sect which was particularly attractive to slaves.

Uhh, ok. You just said a bunch of stuff that is obvious to everyone, doesn't contradict anything I said really, but stated it in a manner like you were making some amazing point refuting me.

Congratulations?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

alfred russel

So...is this the time and place to bring up that the officials fucked up by calling pass interference at the end of the Notre Dame - FSU game?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Neil

I saw the movie.  I felt that it was alright, but I feel like I enjoyed the Ten Commandments more.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.