NFL Week 17: Just Like A Peter Jackson Finale, Squeezed Inside 10 Hours

Started by CountDeMoney, December 27, 2014, 11:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 29, 2014, 12:56:08 PM
A disappointing year so far.  An average Seahawks team wins the NFC by default because Arizona ran out of Quarterbacks.  And unless you are Timmay there isn't much to be excited about coming out of the AFC either.  Put it this way, the Cowboys might win this year.  :bleeding:

I think it's been a pretty fun year.  Aside from disappointment in whatever your favorite team is, what more do you want?  I'm not a Cowboys fan but it wouldn't kill me if they won the Super Bowl.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

A disappointing year so far.  An average Seahawks team wins the NFC by default because Arizona ran out of Quarterbacks.  And unless you are Timmay there isn't much to be excited about coming out of the AFC either.  Put it this way, the Cowboys might win this year.  :bleeding:

The seahawks aren't average. Based on number crunching Nate Silver thinks if they win the Super Bowl they have a case to be considered the best team ever.

Also, a potential last(ish) run for Manning / Brady in the AFC is sort of exciting, isn't it?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

dps

Quote from: alfred russel on December 29, 2014, 02:09:13 PM

The seahawks aren't average. Based on number crunching Nate Silver thinks if they win the Super Bowl they have a case to be considered the best team ever.

A)  The Seahawks have underperformed this year, and B) it would be a weak case.

alfred russel

Quote from: dps on December 29, 2014, 05:30:37 PM

A)  The Seahawks have underperformed this year, and B) it would be a weak case.

I'm not saying they are the best team ever, but they exceeded their over/under wins for the season (11), got home field throughout the playoffs, and were 2nd in the league in scoring differential. They started slow, which seems to have started a narrative that has stuck, but I don't think they underperformed.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Tonitrus

I gotta agree with AR.  Objectively, the Hawks looked like crap the first half of the season (I think due to the loss of players, etc), but I think Wilson and company have gotten the kinks worked out and back in stride for the second half.

Whether it will carry them through to the Bowl...we'll see.

crazy canuck

Based on number crunching Nate Silver thinks if they win the Super Bowl they have a case to be considered the best team ever.

Nate Silver needs to have his numbers checked by someone who knows something about football  :P

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 30, 2014, 12:07:03 AM
I gotta agree with AR.  Objectively, the Hawks looked like crap the first half of the season (I think due to the loss of players, etc), but I think Wilson and company have gotten the kinks worked out and back in stride for the second half.

The looked pretty bad in the first half against a bad Rams team.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 31, 2014, 01:39:46 PM

Based on number crunching Nate Silver thinks if they win the Super Bowl they have a case to be considered the best team ever.

Nate Silver needs to have his numbers checked by someone who knows something about football  :P

No shit. 

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive