NFL Week 17: Just Like A Peter Jackson Finale, Squeezed Inside 10 Hours

Started by CountDeMoney, December 27, 2014, 11:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Speaking of former NE coaches, I really like what Bill O'Brien has done in Houston this season.  I know they weren't really as bad as their record last year, but to have them actually playing a meaningful game in the last week of the season is pretty great. 

MadBurgerMaker

Watt just sacked Bortles for a safety and became the first player in NFL history to have 20+ sacks in multiple seasons, according to Fox.  Is that stat correct?  Apparently it is.  Wow.

E: Well, the game actually isn't going to matter even if they win, since the Browns are busy being the Browns.  9-7/8-8 is an excellent season with a new coaching staff though. 

sbr

McDaniels will get another shot at being a head coach, probably this year.  I don't think I would want my team to hire him but I think he has a chance of being better than he did in Denver.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadBurgerMaker

Oh nice.  Jonathan Joseph and Marquise Lee just took each other out in the endzone with 1:35 left in the season. 

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 28, 2014, 03:47:47 PM
Watt just sacked Bortles for a safety and became the first player in NFL history to have 20+ sacks in multiple seasons, according to Fox.  Is that stat correct?  Apparently it is.  Wow.

E: Well, the game actually isn't going to matter even if they win, since the Browns are busy being the Browns.  9-7/8-8 is an excellent season with a new coaching staff though.
The guy is a monster.  He's probably the best defensive lineman since Reggie White.  It'll be nice watching A Football Life about him in 10 years or so.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Watching the end of the Chiefs-Chargers, Shawn Springs does something really smart there.  He intercepts Rivers in the end zone, sees the flag on the field, runs it out and burns an extra six seconds off the clock, knowing it wouldn't matter and that the time wouldn't come back.  Instead of the Chargers having a few plays to try and do something, they had 4 seconds.  Sure, they were probably going to lose anyways, and the 4th down stop is what really iced it, but that kind of smart football play really impresses me.

Alcibiades

Rodger's re-injured his calf, hope they can hold on to this 14 point lead..
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

Flynn might actually be able to get them a few points, if he has to.  And their defence has been mostly manhandling the Lions, until that last drive.

derspiess

Yet again, it's Rex Ryan rather than actual relevant playoff news in the headlines after Week 17.

Also, silver lining for the Bungles following last night's painful loss-- playing the Bills next year instead of the Patriots, and playing the Texans instead of the Colts.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 29, 2014, 09:47:42 AM
Yet again, it's Rex Ryan rather than actual relevant playoff news in the headlines after Week 17.

New York.  It's where are the reporters are.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

A disappointing year so far.  An average Seahawks team wins the NFC by default because Arizona ran out of Quarterbacks.  And unless you are Timmay there isn't much to be excited about coming out of the AFC either.  Put it this way, the Cowboys might win this year.  :bleeding:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 29, 2014, 12:56:08 PM
Put it this way, the Cowboys might win this year.  :bleeding:

Think of it this way:  don't look at a Romo championship as a victory for JerryWorld and the evil that is Dallas, but rather another, final validation in the genius of Bill Parcells.