NFL Postseason Megathread: Playoffs in the Post-Orton Era

Started by CountDeMoney, December 29, 2014, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

They should have been fined over and above whatever amount of his salary they would have paid him - ie, they have to donate his lost salary, then pay a fine on top of that.

I think the punishment is fine in that it serves the primary purpose of making the consequence of being caught not worth the effort of cheating.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on May 12, 2015, 08:21:52 AM
Everyone knows Brady was involved, and he refused to cooperate in the investigation. There is more than enough evidence to conclude he is a cheater. The idea that this was all done without his knowledge is ludicrous.

What pisses me off most is how Brady and the rest of the team made jokes about the allegations & pretended not to take them seriously.  It would probably piss me off even more if I were a Patriots fan.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on May 12, 2015, 08:28:06 AM
I think the punishment is fine in that it serves the primary purpose of making the consequence of being caught not worth the effort of cheating.

You sure about that?  Because ethics aside, I would trade a 4-game suspension for my QB, a million bucks of team money, and a couple draft picks for a successful Super Bowl season any day.

Now I doubt Brady will get his flunkies to deflate balls for him anymore, but that's only because he got caught, not because of the punishment.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on May 12, 2015, 08:28:16 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 12, 2015, 08:21:52 AM
Everyone knows Brady was involved, and he refused to cooperate in the investigation. There is more than enough evidence to conclude he is a cheater. The idea that this was all done without his knowledge is ludicrous.

What pisses me off most is how Brady and the rest of the team made jokes about the allegations & pretended not to take them seriously.  It would probably piss me off even more if I were a Patriots fan.
Pats fans don't take the allegations seriously, why would they expect the team to? They think it's a slap on the wrist fine, ticky tack offense that's in no way comparable to spy gate, or even something mundane like pumping noise into a stadium.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 12, 2015, 08:32:10 AM
If only Andy Dalton would get suspended..... :(

You *really* want to see Pryor play, don't you? :lol:

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 12, 2015, 08:34:52 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 12, 2015, 08:32:10 AM
If only Andy Dalton would get suspended..... :(

You *really* want to see Pryor play, don't you? :lol:

Anybody but the red retard.

Valmy

QuoteBecause they are a bunch of cheaters, and cheating attacks the integrity of the game

The integrity of the NFL requires everybody being a competitive nutcase. I am almost touched these millionaires actually care this much to win these games. I know I wouldn't in their shoes. If we think everybody is going out there cashing a check and being all gentlemanly about it, that would be far worse.

It is the NFL's job to test all the gear and make sure everything is run like they want it. They caught the Pats that is their job. It seems they are going to hammer them for it. Excellent.

But I am pretty sure what Brady and company wanted to do was get that ball inflation as low as they possibly could within legal limits and messed up. Then they tried to cover their ass. Because they actually give a fuck and want to win. Good on them. Plenty of organizations in this league couldn't give two fucks.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on May 12, 2015, 08:30:42 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 12, 2015, 08:28:06 AM

You sure about that?  Because ethics aside, I would trade a 4-game suspension for my QB, a million bucks of team money, and a couple draft picks for a successful Super Bowl season any day.

I don't think anyone thinks that a few PSI in the game balls was the key factor in winning the Super Bowl though.

Now I doubt Brady will get his flunkies to deflate balls for him anymore, but that's only because he got caught, not because of the punishment.

I would hope that coaches and team management will be the ones who make it clear that this is not tolerable among their employees. Players will always try to get any advantage they can, and won't be too concerned with the consequences, mostly.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Red Retard gets the team to the playoffs.  If you want to suspend him, wait until the playoffs happen.  Then Mighty McCarron can take over.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on May 12, 2015, 08:36:36 AM
I don't think anyone thinks that a few PSI in the game balls was the key factor in winning the Super Bowl though.

It could have been that slight advantage that helped in a close game.  Like the two close games they played against the Jets during the regular season, or the playoff game against the Ravens.

I would hope that coaches and team management will be the ones who make it clear that this is not tolerable among their employees.

Yeah, that's what good, honest organizations do.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 12, 2015, 08:38:41 AM
Red Retard gets the team to the playoffs.  If you want to suspend him, wait until the playoffs happen.  Then Mighty McCarron can take over.

Draft the vending machine with legs Cardale Jones in '16. ANYTHING. Fucking sick of Dalton.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 12, 2015, 08:43:44 AM
Draft the vending machine with legs Cardale Jones in '16. ANYTHING. Fucking sick of Dalton.

Ed Anger

grumbler

I am enjoying watching Goodell and his goons do the flamenco on their cranks.  His capacity for cretinism never fails to amuse, and I suspect that, at the end of all of the lawsuits over this incredible witch hunt and burning at the stake, the Patriots will get off scot-free.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!