How often do you wash clothes? (NOT "how often do you change clothes?")

Started by Martinus, June 16, 2009, 09:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

How is washing a chore in the modern day and age, unless one is washing by hand for some inexplicable reason? It takes me 30 seconds to set the washing machine to wash and dry.  :unsure:

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on June 16, 2009, 05:53:02 PM
How is washing a chore in the modern day and age, unless one is washing by hand for some inexplicable reason? It takes me 30 seconds to set the washing machine to wash and dry.  :unsure:

Inexplicable? Some clothes is handwash only. :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on June 16, 2009, 05:58:30 PM

Err... so you give them to professional cleaners.  :huh:

Barrister

I detest folding clothes, which is far more time-consuming than washing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on June 16, 2009, 06:00:32 PM

Why would I waste money when I can do it myself? After all, they aren't items that require dry cleaning...

Anyway, I don't have my own washer and dryer. I either need to scrounge up quarters to use the machines in my building (and fight people for them) or go to the laundromat across the street with cash. Both make it a hassle and I hate paying.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 16, 2009, 05:51:41 PM
You forgot Jocelyn! :o

Yep.  She'll be seven in August.  And when she was a baby I still did laundry once a week because I won't do it (or precious little else) during the work week.  She had like 417 sets of ones-ies, 342 of which I could shove in the washer simultaneously.  I had A System...

:cool:

Monoriu

White/light colour clothes - twice a week
Dark colour clothes - twice a week
Towels - once a week
Bed sheets - we change bed sheets every two weeks, but the bed sheets and the duvet covers must be washed separately, or they won't be dry enough.  So the short answer is twice every two weeks
Clothes that cannot be dried must be washed separately.  That's about once a week on average.

So about 7 times every week - about once a day. 

sbr

For my clothes I do about 3 loads a week, usually on the weekend.  I have two daughters who do a combined 3 loads weekly.

I could it in less but I don't put more than 4 pairs of jeans in the wash at once, and that is what I wear to work.

Weatherman

Ed Anger

Quote from: C.C.R. on June 16, 2009, 06:36:30 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 16, 2009, 05:51:41 PM
You forgot Jocelyn! :o

Yep.  She'll be seven in August.  And when she was a baby I still did laundry once a week because I won't do it (or precious little else) during the work week.  She had like 417 sets of ones-ies, 342 of which I could shove in the washer simultaneously.  I had A System...

:cool:

:lol:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Brazen

Quote from: Martinus on June 16, 2009, 06:00:32 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 16, 2009, 05:58:30 PM
Nah, you put them on "handwash" programme with non-biological detergent. Same with most dry clean only stuff.

The Larch

Jesus Mart, how come do you manage to fill an entire washer load with clothes in just two days? I also live on my own and I struggle to get a full load in a week. And then you pretend to be "green"?

Either you have a really small washer, or are quite frivolous on that front.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on June 17, 2009, 07:51:46 AM
Jesus Mart, how come do you manage to fill an entire washer load with clothes in just two days? I also live on my own and I struggle to get a full load in a week. And then you pretend to be "green"?

I would assume it is all the semen stains on his clothes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

He probably changes 3 or 4 times a day.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Brazen

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 17, 2009, 08:10:31 AM

He probably changes 3 or 4 times a day.
Yeah, sometimes what he put on in the morning has gone out of fashion by lunch time.