Your Favorite Christmas movies and television shows

Started by CountDeMoney, December 23, 2014, 03:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Concur.

I don't like how they back away from the abyss in the end. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

I just can't take A Chistmas Story anymore. TBS can just shove it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Monoriu

Episode 3, Red Nosed Reindeer, Sword Art Online Season 1

Tonitrus

dps

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 23, 2014, 07:19:51 PM
Ernest Saves Christmas.

Joke or serious?

I liked it ok, but almost entirely because of the old guy who played Santa.  One of the best movie Santas ever.

Scipio

The Ref. Denis Leary covered in cat pee, Kevin Spacey, and Judy Davis put together a madcap adult version of Home Alone, where the robber is actually focused on just getting the fuck out of Whiteytown, Connecticut.
Elf.
Scrooged.
A Christmas Carol by David Leane. The definitive version.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

KRonn

Bill Murray in Scrooged is a favorite. I also like many of the smaller LMN and Lifetime type movies that come out.
There are several Santa Clause movies with Tim Allen and Elizabeth Mitchell that I like.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on December 23, 2014, 03:54:30 PM
A Christmas Carol. Alastair Sim version. I've watched it every Christmas since I was 6 or 7

:yes:

My favourite version.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Scipio on December 23, 2014, 09:47:30 PM
The Ref. Denis Leary covered in cat pee, Kevin Spacey, and Judy Davis put together a madcap adult version of Home Alone, where the robber is actually focused on just getting the fuck out of Whiteytown, Connecticut.

:lol:  I forgot that was a Christmas film.  It counts and is awesome.

QuoteA Christmas Carol by David Leane. The definitive version.

I liked the made-for-TV version with George C. Scott back in the 1980s, I thought that was a decent production, considering it was for television. 

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2014, 10:19:41 PM

:lol:  I forgot that was a Christmas film.  It counts and is awesome.

QuoteA Christmas Carol by David Leane. The definitive version.

I liked the made-for-TV version with George C. Scott back in the 1980s, I thought that was a decent production, considering it was for television. 

What do you think of the Patrick Stewart version?

Drakken

I fully agree, this movie is a gold mine of quotes. Connecticut is indeed the fifth ring of hell. :lmfao:

"Lady, your husband ain't dead. He's hiding!" 

"Caroline, the day you see anything through to the end, I'll stick my own dick in my ear."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on December 23, 2014, 10:25:14 PM
What do you think of the Patrick Stewart version?

I know it's out there, but I haven't caught it.  May see it tomorrow sometime.

PRC

Definitely Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

I watched Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Jingle All the Way" on CBC a couple of nights ago.  It sucked.