Poland to list all WW2 victimes on the internet

Started by viper37, June 15, 2009, 01:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Alcibiades on June 15, 2009, 06:55:01 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2009, 01:49:20 PM
Quote from: viper37 on June 15, 2009, 01:28:53 PM
Quite an ambitious project waste of taxpayers' money.

There, I fixed your post for you.

See, doesn't involve enough gays.

You are retarded. There is no reason to waste taxpayers' money on this because, duh, we know Germans killed people in Poland. We have been taught that for the last 60 years, and this is nothing more than a poor propaganda attempt by a nationalist/right wing institute (so far associated with ill-managed and botched Polish equivalent of the German Gauck Institute) to fight German claims of compensations for the ethnic cleansing of Germans after WW2.

It would be a better idea to research the post-war ethnic violence as this is something that was taboo during the communist time, and has only resurfaced after 1989 - but the very institute that is organizing this shit is involved in denying this ever happened or has had any material scope.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on June 16, 2009, 12:50:30 AM

Read "Fear" by Jan T. Gross about the role the catholic church played in the pogroms. Why do you think Poles didn't like Jews?

Your link says it was not about anti-semitism but about Banditry.  Europeans have hated Jews before there was a Catholic church.  I imagine the Poles killed their Jewish neighbors mostly due to angry impotence.  They attack a people who are actually weaker then them.  For Poles this was human skeletons coming out of death camps.  This is the reason for most attacks on miniorties.

Further looking seems that this fellow Gross seems to think it was started by the Soviets.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2009, 02:34:34 AM

Read "Fear" by Jan T. Gross about the role the catholic church played in the pogroms. Why do you think Poles didn't like Jews?

Your link says it was not about anti-semitism but about Banditry.  Europeans have hated Jews before there was a Catholic church.  I imagine the Poles killed their Jewish neighbors mostly due to angry impotence.  They attack a people who are actually weaker then them.  For Poles this was human skeletons coming out of death camps.  This is the reason for most attacks on miniorties.

Further looking seems that this fellow Gross seems to think it was started by the Soviets.

Uhm no, it's certainly not what he thinks.

Martinus

Here are reviews of his book:

http://press.princeton.edu/titles/8347.html

http://www.amazon.com/Fear-Anti-Semitism-Poland-After-Auschwitz/dp/0375509240

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl/9780375509247.html

This was for a while the most hated book in Poland, especially among the Catholic hierarchy and the right wingers (several bishops denounced it from the pulpits). The PiS government even tried to pass a law similar to the one in force in Turkey, that would penalize "defamation of the Polish people", because of the backlash this book created - fortunately, it was ruled unconstitutional by the Polish Constitutional Tribunal. I read parts of the book, mainly because I didn't have time to read it whole - but it is a chilling and disturbing read.

Palisadoes

What a waste of time and money.

It'd be better to spend this money listing all of the paedophiles so we can go and hurt them.

Martinus

Quote from: Palisadoes on June 16, 2009, 04:05:04 AM

It'd be better to spend this money listing all of the paedophiles so we can go and hurt them.

:bleeding:

BVN

What a great idea...  :rolleyes:

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on June 16, 2009, 03:34:27 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2009, 02:34:34 AM

Uhm no, it's certainly not what he thinks.

How do you know?  You were to busy to read his book.  I simply followed your links.  I know it's easy to push polish guilt onto someone else but face it.  You guys deserved the soviet occupation.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on June 16, 2009, 04:14:22 AM

:bleeding:
You're right to fear that.  Gay = pedophile.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2009, 05:57:06 AM
How do you know?  You were to busy to read his book.  I simply followed your links.  I know it's easy to push polish guilt onto someone else but face it.  You guys deserved the soviet occupation.

You might want to learn how to read and synthesize information.  The only people in those links who went on and on about the Soviets were bit coincidentally people who rate the book with one star on amazon and then blamed the author for vilifying polish people.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

I would be more impressed if they listed the 200,000+ Poles who died during the Stalinist post war period.  Shaming the Nazis is sorta like shooting fish in a barrel.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

I would be more impressed if they listed the several millions Poles who willingly and gleefully participated in the Holocaust. That would be an actual useful bit of self-reflection.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on June 16, 2009, 09:54:28 AM
I would be more impressed if they listed the several millions Poles who willingly and gleefully participated in the Holocaust. That would be an actual useful bit of self-reflection.
Are you seriously suggesting it or is this just a troll/rhetorics? Because how would you expect going about it? It's not like there are records or evidence you can use that way - certainly not to have a list of "several millions" (if that's the number indeed).

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on June 16, 2009, 10:02:35 AM
Quote from: Berkut on June 16, 2009, 09:54:28 AM
Are you seriously suggesting it or is this just a troll/rhetorics? Because how would you expect going about it? It's not like there are records or evidence you can use that way - certainly not to have a list of "several millions" (if that's the number indeed).

Of course I am not seriously suggesting it. That doesn't make it a troll though - just an observation about how stupid the idea of listing victims is from a nation that mostly went along with one of the most brutal genocides in human history.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Newsflash: Poiish rightwingers are fucked up. I wish I told you guys before. :(