News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What do you iron first?

Started by Monoriu, June 16, 2009, 09:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I only buy iron-free shirts and slacks.  Nothing else needs to be ironed.

Mr.Penguin

If I ever iron my bedsheets (I dont... ;)), would I use the large rolling iron in the laundry. Otherwise the only thing I iron is shirts and that only right before use..
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

PRC

Ironing is an insidious and nefarious chore.

MadImmortalMan

You can hang up clothes for several days and they still won't be dry? What kind of humid hell is that, anyway?  :(
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Iormlund

Like my fellow Spaniard Alatriste, I pay a Romanian cleaning lady to do things like that.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 17, 2009, 02:14:39 PM
You can hang up clothes for several days and they still won't be dry? What kind of humid hell is that, anyway?  :(

Thailand is about as humid as Hong Kong, and the few times I've washed my own clothes instead of using the illegal immigrant Burmese to do it for me, they've dried very quickly.

Monoriu

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 17, 2009, 10:49:16 AM
I dont understand how you cant dry your sheets.  I can understand that you dont have the luxury of being able to hang them to dry but doesnt your dryer work properly or are you just overloading your dryer?

The only thing that I ever iron is my work shirts.  A task I do about once every two weeks.  Iron a bunch and I am good to go for another couple weeks.

First of all, you need to understand that Hong Kong is far more humid than Vancouver. 

Second, dryers don't dry the bed sheets to 100%.  This is intentional.  Bed sheets are often made of cotton, which shrinks if it is heated too much. 

Sheilbh

Suits don't get ironed.  It can damage the structure of the suit (TAILOR POWER! :w00t:) and should be left to professionals.  Shirts should be ironed when they come out of the wash or at least when they're still damp, it's a lot easier and if you don't then I recommend spraying the shirt to dampen them while you iron.  Formal non-suit trousers should be ironed.

Apart from that I iron nothing.
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

I keep reading title as Iron Fist, and wondering where Power Man is. :(
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on June 17, 2009, 10:35:50 PM

I kept thinking the same thing! :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on June 17, 2009, 10:35:50 PM
:o I thought I was the only one!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Slargos

Clearly the first priority is Germany, then any of its client states that are under-supplied.

If at all possible, I want to avoid ironing Soviet Russia but since the objective is to strengthen the economy, I will iron them aswell if it comes to that.