Nope
27 (56.3%)
THAT'S RACISS
3 (6.3%)
I'm from outside of North America and that's normal speech, blackie
5 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

garbon

The black lady and I complimented one another on being so well spoken. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Not only is dated, but it's kinda useless.  Pretty much every black person in the US has a lot of European blood, like around 50%.  I suspect a lot of whites in the US some African ancestor as well.  And I mean more recent African ancestor then 40,000 years ago.  You look at an African American and you look at a West African and you can tell these are two separate peoples.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Well I don't think how we describe race has much to do with useful delimiters. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

I think I've only used it in an academic context (19th century American history). I've only rarely heard it spoken.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on December 10, 2014, 11:05:41 PM
Not only is dated, but it's kinda useless.  Pretty much every black person in the US has a lot of European blood, like around 50%.  I suspect a lot of whites in the US some African ancestor as well.  And I mean more recent African ancestor then 40,000 years ago.  You look at an African American and you look at a West African and you can tell these are two separate peoples.

Well obviously the extent of its usefulness would be describing somebody who identifies as being part of both culture groups here.  Obviously DNA tests are not involved :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2014, 10:53:42 PM

Was she well spoken?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on December 10, 2014, 11:05:41 PM

Waaay back in undergrad I read in a Sociology text that 80% of black Americans had *some* white blood and 20% of white Americans had *some* black blood.

I'd be surprised if that many pure blacks still existed.

Valmy

Yeah it is way more than 50%, probably over 90%.  But we have lots of African immigrants if you are looking for purity.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Valmy on December 10, 2014, 11:39:36 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2014, 10:53:42 PM

Was she well spoken?

The proper question is, "Did she have a nice big butt?"

Oh, and on topic, no, not a common word, but still used a bit in spanish.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Lettow77

It is still spoken parlance with many people I know.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 10, 2014, 11:12:55 PM
I think I've only used it in an academic context (19th century American history). I've only rarely heard it spoken.

I think I've only heard it one time outside of an academic context.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on December 11, 2014, 12:30:36 AM
It is still spoken parlance with many people I know.

Yeah, I think it's more of a southern thing these days.  Imagine that.

Rex Francorum

I guess mulatto is the equivalent of "mulâtre" in french. I still use it but it is not considered as a "touchy" or "provocative" word over here - Québecistan. Actually, we have a word for Indians "mulatto" in Canada (Métis) and the word is not provocative (but the definition is a hell hole).
To rent

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2014, 10:13:24 PM
Brain would like that the party also had a discussion about the difference between zoophilia and bestiality, as well as the normality of fucking donkeys in parts of Colombia. :wacko:

Did the discussion turn to zoophilia after they found out you are a mulatto or a sodomite?

Sounds like a lovely bunch. :D