News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 14: Yeah, whatever

Started by CountDeMoney, December 07, 2014, 01:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

This is much better news for Cam than what was floating around on Twitter:
QuoteCMPD source says no injuries to Cam Newton.He did not want to be transported. Taken to hospital as a precaution.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 09, 2014, 01:52:32 PM
Johnny Touchdouche has been named the starter against the Bengals. 

Marvin Lewis offended little people by calling him a midget.  I'm guessing they're more offended by being associated with Manziel than the M-word.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 09, 2014, 02:32:56 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 09, 2014, 01:52:32 PM
Johnny Touchdouche has been named the starter against the Bengals. 

Marvin Lewis offended little people by calling him a midget.  I'm guessing they're more offended by being associated with Manziel than the M-word.

No shit, I'm sure the League of Little People would want nothing to do with that goof.

Neil

Damn.  Poor Cam.  The guy just can't catch a break.

Looking at that truck, he could have been t-boned by a little girl on her tricycle and he would have rolled.  Those jacked-up monster trucks aren't safe.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Two fractures in his lower back.  He's obviously out for the year, but hopefully he makes a full recovery & is back next year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12004613/cam-newton-carolina-panthers-involved-car-accident
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Ravens signed CB Antoine Cason.  Not surprised the Panthers cut him, but surprised he got through waivers.  They will need him.

derspiess

Burfict on IR, done for season.  Everyone seems surprised.  I knew when he wasn't back 2 weeks after his scope and wasn't practicing, something must have gone wrong.  Same for Eifert, more or less.

Hopefully he learns during the off-season how to play physically without killing himself.

CountDeMoney

Burfict is a stone-cold nut job.  I love him.

derspiess

Yeah, he's a scary dude.  Which is ironic given how high-pitched his voice is.

Anyway, with all the injuries I hope at least we get The Estonian back for a couple games.

derspiess

Hey, AJ McCarron got activated.  So there's that.

Ed Anger

I am so fucking sick of the Red Retard. Sign Jeff Blake.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on December 09, 2014, 09:04:07 AM
Their move helped them win football games, and then the team went and won another.

Oh for Godsake.

Anyway the doom and gloom in Washington kind of catches me by surprise.  Shanahan was the franchises last real hope of avoiding total failure.  I would have thought resignation would have set in awhile ago.  The only emotion I have been able to muster was to be incredulous they would pull a QB who had just won back to back games.

At least Snyder doesn't bother with his sniveling apologies at the end of the season anymore.  Or does he?  Ah well.  At least people are not going to the games anymore.   His constant and puzzling efforts to alienate a devoted and loyal fanbase is finally paying off.  Every single longtime season ticket holder I knew got priced out long ago.  One of them had had those tickets in their family since the 1940s.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on December 08, 2014, 08:20:44 PM
The Redskins would have done even worse without him.... 

Quote from: Valmy on December 09, 2014, 08:53:11 PM
Oh for Godsake.

Anyway the doom and gloom in Washington kind of catches me by surprise.  Shanahan was the franchises last real hope of avoiding total failure.... 

SO if you go with the assumption that the RGIII thing is why Shanahan was fired, you could argue that with Shanahan, those 4 draft picks and an average replacement level QB they could be better off.

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on December 09, 2014, 08:56:35 PM
SO if you go with the assumption that the RGIII thing is why Shanahan was fired, you could argue that with Shanahan, those 4 draft picks and an average replacement level QB they could be better off.

If you look at it like that then I guess I would have to agree.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr