12/7 4:05 ET    At Denver    -9.5    Buffalo
12/7 4:05 ET    Kansas City    -2.5    At Arizona
12/7 4:25 ET    San Francisco    -8.5    At Oakland
12/7 4:25 ET    At Philadephia     PK    Seattle
12/7 8:30 ET    New England    -3.5    At San Diego

Monday Night Football Point Spread

12/8 8:30 ET    At Green Bay    -13    Atlanta

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

They certainly tried.

Surprised the Ravens actually woke up;  that kind of first half, they've usually already mailed it in.

Bengalols.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 07, 2014, 05:02:14 PM
They certainly tried.

Surprised the Ravens actually woke up;  that kind of first half, they've usually already mailed it in.

Bengalols.
I guess it took them an extra quarter and a half to shake off what happened last week.  But then they went and beat the poor Dolphins to death, and probably killed their playoff chances.  The Cheatriots are going to probably win next week, by hook or by crook.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

FunkMonk

You'd have to have a death wish to want to play QB for the Redskins. Jesus.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Bungals.  :lol:

I await Spicy's excuses.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 07, 2014, 05:42:22 PM
You'd have to have a death wish to want to play QB for the Redskins. Jesus.

Pure brilliance. :lol:

QuoteJeff Fisher Expertly Trolled Washington By Making All Six Active Players Acquired in RG3 Trade the Captains Today

The St. Louis Rams and the Washington Redskins were involved in a pretty big trade a few years ago. Perhaps you have heard of it. St. Louis got a load of picks, and Washington got Robert Griffin III. Today, Griffin is of course on the bench in Washington, and St. Louis traveled to play them.

Jeff Fisher came up with the masterful troll move. According to Jim Thomas, he made the six players who are on the Rams active roster as a result of the RG3 trade the team captains for today's game.

The Rams won 24-0, shutting out Washington on the same day there was a story that maybe Colt McCoy would be Jay Gruden's franchise quarterback, so unfortunately, fans don't even get a single topping for free in the D.C. area.

@dcsportsbog #fullpricecheesepizza pic.twitter.com/6ESOXBf7g9

— Matt McFarland (@mattmc80) December 7, 2014

UPDATE: Even better, the official Washington Team Twitter account sent out the pre-game captain's handshake–

Captains out for the coin toss #STLvsWAS #HTTR https://t.co/rmhy9WU8yq

— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) December 7, 2014

CountDeMoney

Meanwhile, in the "Geez, I wish I drafted Peyton Manning instead" file...

QuoteRyan Leaf released from prison in Montana
By Frank Schwab
December 4, 2014 5:26 PM Shutdown Corner

Former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf's sad tale, from on-the-field disappointment to off-the-field troubles, can perhaps start on a path to a better ending now.

Leaf was released from prison in Montana on Wednesday and placed under the supervision of Great Falls Probation and Parole, a Montana state official told the Great Falls Tribune. Leaf's page on the Montana Department of Corrections site confirmed that. He spent about two years in prison.

Leaf was sentenced to five years in prison stemming from a 2012 case in which he was arrested twice in one weekend for breaking into homes in Great Falls and stealing prescription drugs, the Great Falls Tribune said. He was sentenced to a treatment center, but was sent to prison less than eight months later after allegedly threatening a program staffer and violating conditions of his treatment plan, the paper said.

Leaf was given a five-year suspended sentence in Texas for drug offenses but the Great Falls Tribune reported, via the Associated Press, that Leaf is unlikely to face more prison time in Texas. When Leaf was quarterbacks coach at West Texas A&M, he was accused of burglarizing a player's home in 2008, and he was found to have illegally obtained almost 1,000 pain pills from area pharmacies, the report said.

The Great Falls Tribune said Leaf was granted parole in May pending "a completion of an intensive chemical dependency treatment program," which he completed in August.

Leaf had an NFL career that is still talked about today, because he's considered one of the greatest busts in draft history. Selected second after Peyton Manning in 1998, he played just three seasons with the San Diego Chargers and Dallas Cowboys. Known for his poor attitude and poor play, he had 14 touchdowns and 36 interceptions. His teams were 4-17 in games he started. He vanished off the NFL radar pretty quickly, especially for a No. 2 overall pick.

Leaf's post-NFL life has obviously been pretty rocky. He's out on parole now, and hopefully things will start to turn around for him.

I understand he has a tryout with the Jets on Tuesday.

Neil

You know, I've always had a soft spot for Jeff Fisher.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

So Kyle Orton ended up at the Bills.

Neil

I feel bad for the Niners.  To get beat by the Raiders, in a game that will likely bounce you out of the playoffs.  That's gotta hurt.

I wonder where Jim Harbaugh is going to be next season.

Sophie Scholl

:lol:  Dah Raidahs!  I feel bad for my homeboy Orton and the Bills.  They got severely jobbed by the refs.  I mean... damn!
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 07, 2014, 07:02:40 PM
Pure brilliance. :lol:

It got the Skins one of their two division titles since 1991 and their only one under Snyder.  More than the Skins would have done if they kept those picks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on December 07, 2014, 08:10:08 PM
I wonder where Jim Harbaugh is going to be next season.

I am pretty sure Harbaugh will still be coaching in the Bay Area next season.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on December 07, 2014, 07:38:26 PM
You know, I've always had a soft spot for Jeff Fisher.

He sure has milked that one Super Bowl appearance into a very undeserved reputation.