N. Korea hacks Sony in revenge for Seth Rogen's film "The Interview"

Started by jimmy olsen, December 04, 2014, 03:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Netflix should snap up the distribution rights...plenty of free publicity to bank on.

CountDeMoney

I dunno;  Netflix, as an online content provider, seems to be in a rather sensitive position against possible cyber terrorism.

Ideologue

They take down Netflix, I suspect Americans might demand a nuclear strike. :lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 17, 2014, 09:39:38 PM
I dunno;  Netflix, as an online content provider, seems to be in a rather sensitive position against possible cyber terrorism.

Netflix is also a Valley company, meaning they (should) have a much better handle on netsec and infosec than Hollywood studios.

Razgovory

I say, one of our subs sink one of their destroyers.  We don't claim responsibility or anything.  Just boom, the ship hit a wild torpedo in the ocean and went down.  Since their ASW is little more then a collection of fishing line and bells it's not like they can prove anything.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Martinus

Josquius

I was actually quite wanting to see it :(

Pretty weird for the company to bow to hackers like this.... Is it the start of something big?
██████
██████
██████

sbr

Quote from: Tyr on December 18, 2014, 02:13:13 AM

Pretty weird for the company to bow to hackers like this.... Is it the start of something big?

Sony didn't bow to hackers, the theaters did.  What is Sony supposed to do with a movie that theaters won't show?

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on December 18, 2014, 02:13:13 AM

Sony bowed to the fact that movie theaters didn't want to screen it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Ideologue

There's talk of releasing it VOD, yeah.  But no one knows for sure what the plan is.  I'm sure the .ppt's are flying at Sony HQ tonight.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)